We are looking for a Freedom of Information Advisor with excellent Govt/Civil Service experience & knowledge/exposure to DPA (Data Protection Act), SAR (Subject Access Request) & drafting letters.
You will need experience of drafting and editing responses and handling SAR requests, working in a fast paced environment with an aptitude for working closely with senior leaders across GLD and key stakeholders within the department as well as across the Civil Service.
The post is a nine month secondment, with the possibility of extension, to support the Information Rights Team (IRT). We are looking for an enthusiastic FOI/DPA officer to assist with implementing Government Legal Department's (GLD) vision of data protection compliance within the business. The successful candidate will assist the DPO in responding to queries relating to data protection and ensure guidance is updated. The post holder’s key responsibility will be to ensure effective oversight and management of FOI and SAR requests and ensure GLD is fully compliant with data protection legislation when responding.
Key duties are as follows:
• Effective oversight and management of FOI and SAR requests.
• Ensuring ongoing and future projects are compliant with data protection regulation and legislation.
• Effective management and maintenance of the data protection information hub.
• Ensuring relevant GLD wide training is implemented and progress is tracked.
• Assisting the DPO with the delivery of GLD’s data protection policy and guidance within GLD.
If you meet the experience required above please apply/call/mail me ASAP for the full spec/more information.