We are looking for a Technical Support Officer with EOOW qualifications to enable the operation of 3 Border Force vessels in the UK and one in the Aegean. You will be a suitably qualified maritime engineer deployed to a Border Force vessel (cutter) responsible for engine room operations (in the absence of the appointed Chief Engineer) & for the management/maintenance of the Planned Maintenance System (PMS) on board as instructed by the Chief Engineer.
You will be on board the vessel for 2 weeks at a time (13 days on and 15 days off). You will be paid for the working days.
Skills and/or knowledge required:
* Ensures safe and efficient watch keeping practises are carried out in the engine room and machinery spaces to the Chief Engineer satisfaction.
* Assists with the loading/discharging of fuel oil, lubricating oil, water and liquid as well as dry bulk cargo as delegated by the Chief Engineer.
* Assists with the maintenance of records of fuel, potable water and lubricants remaining on board.
* Maintains accurately engine room Log Book, Oil Record Book, and other departmental records.
* Prepares a hand over report, for the relieving Second Engineer and discusses details.
* Execute measures to prevent and/or reduce pollution to the environment.
* Act as lookout, assist in mooring operations and other shipboard duties as required. Stands engine room watch as per agreed watch rotation.
* Ensures that either he or the Chief Engineer is on board at all times, and that he is aware when the Chief Engineer is away from the vessel.
Qualifications and Experience required
* Qualified in accordance with international standards to Standards of Training Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW), or other pertinent regulations
* Previous experience which will show candidate is capable of becoming fully conversant with Border Force Vessels' Safety Management Systems within a short time
As well as the experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for the full spec/more information. Thank you.