We are looking for a Commercial Manager with CTC clearance & experience of managing large procurements for major supply contracts of complex goods and services, ideally IT/IS related. Public sector experience well regarded. The scope of work includes management of contracts closely linked to major change programmes and projects, in accordance with HO Contract Management Manual and NAO/Cabinet Office principles and guidelines. Technical Knowledge Requirements include deep IT/Digital knowledge and experience of delivery within an Agile and Disaggregated environment.
You will also have/be:
* Knowledge of EU procurement law, Government Accounting, CCS Framework Agreements, commercial best practice, and relevant category, supply market, pricing and commercial practices.
* Knowledge of the HMG ICT Policies and Best Practice and the specific CCS commercial arrangement designed to support them is well regarded.
* Commercially astute, able to negotiate best value for money agreements with suppliers, with knowledge of financial models and their application to procurement and contract management.
* Experience of maintaining procurement pipelines, managing competing demands for time and resources, and of monitoring/ managing projects against HO standards.
* Experience of developing business cases, presenting commercial options to business stakeholders and commercial cases to governance boards for approval.
Management (where appropriate):
* Manage others directly or indirectly, assessing people's skills and developing team capability via performance management, mentoring and coaching, in building an engaged and effective team.
* Lead by example and be a role model for the Commercial Directorate values and behaviours.
* Relevant tertiary qualifications, and / or qualified in/working toward MCIPS.
* Travel around the UK may be required, including the London/Croydon offices.
* Develop and lead procurements for the HO, conforming to EU procurement law, HO and government policy and process.
* Produce procurement strategies by working collaboratively with Commercial teams and clients, developing a deep understanding of the supply market, category, and business context for both ongoing business and each specific procurement. Provide Commercial options and identify opportunities that provide solutions, risks/benefit and sustainability analysis, and comply with Government Digital Service Standards.
* Develop and maintain a deep understanding of Technology supply markets, proactively identifying opportunities that deliver value. Influence stakeholders at all levels, developing requirements that align best to suppliers and supply markets ability to deliver value. Ensure wider Government solutions/approaches (e.g. Crown Commercial Services) are used to best effect.
* Develop a strong and integral interface between clients and CD, encouraging better understanding and partnership working between parties. Manage and agree priorities, ensuring a current procurement pipeline is maintained.
* Manage and develop supply markets to meet current and future HO needs through long term procurement, ensuring individual strategies are created to access the right markets, and providing suppliers with the required client engagement.
* Deliver cashable savings and other financial/non-financial benefits against target.
* Provide expert commercial advice to peers and senior colleagues acr