We are looking for a CTC cleared Strategic Communications Manager with experience of the Public sector (either in local or central government) & of having worked on European communication programmes.
To develop, plan and implement communications strategies, informed by data and insight, to accompany the UK's exit from the European Union. The role could work across a number of important issues - including the rights of EU citizens living in the UK,
the smooth functioning of the UK Border, the UK's future migration system, and law enforcement.
* Development, planning, coordination and delivery of communications strategies and programmes for selected issues.
* Close liaison with other government departments, agencies and other external partners to elicit their support to cascade and amplify messages to targeted audiences.
* Collaboration and close coordination with specialist comms functions including press office, digital, marketing, engagement, internal and others as necessary to maximise the effectiveness of the communications strategy by delivering integrated, joined-up and consistent messages and activity.
* Building and maintaining relationships with senior policy stakeholders to ensure that communications strategies and activity support the business needs in line with departmental priorities and objectives.
* Ensuring plans are aligned to wider UK Government objectives and are attuned to political nuances.
* Production of a variety of materials and content and distribute through a range of available channels and media.
Skills &/or knowledge required
* Good experience in a strategic communications role, either agency or client side, including planning communications from strategic development and thinking through to delivery.
* Experience of using multiple communications channels, including low cost and digital.
* Communication and negotiation skills having worked with senior leaders to understand businesses requirements and an ability to develop trusted and authoritative two-way relationships.
* Good analytical skills, able to draw conclusions from data and be able to simplify complex policy into clear communications that drives action.
* Proven ability to apply behavioural insights to communications.
* Solid grasp of applying evaluation techniques to communications campaigns, including measuring the impact on behaviour change.
* Good written and verbal briefing skills with effective personal impact and confidence in giving verbal briefing.
* Good project management and organisation skills.
* An understanding of mitigating reputation risk when planning communications activity.
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for more information. Thank you.