We are looking for a SC cleared (the right person may acquire SC if not already cleared) AI Data Scientist/SME - MilTech Fellow with the following experience/skillset:
* Academic Background - PHD in Automation/Data Science or equivalent
* Database skills, coding, E.G python, Apache Spark
* Strong understanding of AI and machine learning
* Strong understanding of data programming and experience of practical application
* Collaborating on all of the JHub, JHubMed & MilTech projects in the area of AI & data science, ensuring that we are only engaging with truly cutting-edge technology and that due diligence is taken in our procurement/project management of AI and Data Science projects.
* Be a critical red team to all projects with data science/AI considerations running within the JHub/JHubMed/MilTech.
* Provide advice and guidance to projects in the data science realm on JHubCrowd personal development portal.
* Provide education and training to current JHub/JHubMed/MilTech staff on the topics of AI & data science.
The MilTech Fellow (AI/Data Science) will be one of two AI and data science subject matter experts within the JHub/JHubMed/MilTech innovation environments. You will:
* Be required to collaborate on the ongoing projects in the autonomy domain, contributing to delivering Autonomy capabilities into the hands of the military users at pace (months, not years).
* Be expected to run one AI/Data Science project themselves; rapidly evaluating world-class technologies in this space, connecting them to military users, pitching for funding to run a pilot study of the capability, and then presenting the results to a 4* General headed board for the opportunity for Defence to invest to bring this capability into our core business.
* Be expected to deliver monthly updates and training to the members of the JFC innovation ecosystem on Autonomy, and will also be expected to take an active role in mentoring new coders in Defence who are collaborating on projects on our software crowdsourcing platform, JHubCrowd.
* Consulting on all of the JHub, JHubMed & MilTech projects in the area of autonomy, ensuring that we are only engaging with truly cutting-edge technology and that due diligence is taken in our procurement/project management of autonomy projects.
* By Jun 2020, deliver a, yet to be defined, standalone project at the cutting edge of autonomy.
* Be a critical red team to all projects with autonomy considerations running within the JHub/JHubMed/MilTech.
* Providing advice and guidance to projects in the autonomy realm on JHubCrowd personal development portal.
* Providing education and training to current JHub/JHubMed/MilTech staff on the topics of autonomy.
* To develop and use our data infrastructure for analysis of business and security data.
* Day to day activities include collaborating with business analysts and stakeholders to understand how available data can be used to drive efficiency.
* Working with the user experience team to gain insight into user behaviour.
* Working with representatives from policy to understand how policy decisions are driving behaviour.
The Joint Forces Command Innovation Ecosystem (comprised of the JHub, JHubMed & MilTech HQ) delivers Advantage Through Innovation to the Joint Force, by re-purposing or combining existing technologies and processes available elsewhere in the Defence and civil sectors.
The JHub finds and a