CV deadline: 29/5 at 1200
We are looking for a Tester with extensive working experience in automated testing who is able to write and maintain tests & has experience of Ruby/Java/HTML/XML/CSS. A tester who ideally has experience of working in a Government service design / user focused way & of working collaboratively as part of an agile scum team
HMLR as part of delivering its Customer Strategy, is working to improve its main business-to-business website - the HMLR portal - with a rolling programme to refresh the design to make it easier and more intuitive to use.
* Demonstrable experience in working within Agile teams
* Working knowledge of Quality Center/Application Lifecycle Management - this is used for Test and defect management
* Working knowledge of Jenkins for CI
* Experience in automating testing to include either data, behaviour or test-driven approaches
* Experience of writing and maintaining automated tests - e.g. testing in in Ruby kicked off by Cucumber. Experience of manual testing and ideally User Interface and Accessibility testing
* Experience in using Ruby, or a similar language or has a solid development background
* Knowledge of performance testing
* Knowledge of User Interface and Accessibility testing is desirable
* * ISTQB/ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Requirements gathering, production of executable specifications and exploratory testing;
* Planning and managing application functional and non functional testing;
* Obtain maximum value from existing investment in technologies, maintaining the core information-handling infrastructure of the organisation and keeping it up to date while planning for future needs;
* Being part of the IT systems development, transition into service and support processes;
* Preparing for, undertaking and documenting testing work;
* Contributing to project management processes.
* Create tests, including identifying the expected result for, agreed Test Focus Areas, using the appropriate test tools
* Schedule and execute both automated and manual tests where appropriate
* Analyse results against the pre-determined expected results and undertake initial analysis of failed tests and liaise with other technical teams
* Create and maintain suitable test data, managing the back-up and restores as necessary
* When required determine which tests to create by analysing requirements documentation
* Create and maintain an automated test suite for each product worked on
* Work collaboratively with all team members
* Take an active role within the team in the development of user stories and developing suitable acceptance criteria, ensuring quality is built in from the start
* Work collaboratively with the team to create and implement a quality strategy ensuring full test coverage is achieved and focus areas are covered - including mentoring colleagues where identified.
As well as the experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for the full spec/more information. Thank you.