Lead Technical Architect
CV deadline: 17/4/19 at 1200
Security clearance: BPSS/to go through SC
Dept/Location: Govt/Lon & Man
We are looking for Lead Technical Architect who will sit in Universal Credit, London working for Digital Group. This is a very senior role so we are looking for a recognised professional and leader in the IT architecture community. You will have excellent experience in Technical Architecture, supporting with transformational changes with particular focus on micro-services.
3 days in London & 2 days in Manchester
The Department makes the best use of existing technology, makes considered decisions about future technology investments required to transform the Department through technology. Defines the future architecture through a set of strategies, principles, methods, models and tools.
This is an excellent opportunity to obtain SC.
The Lead Technical Specialist Architect:
* Has a clear understanding of the current technology architecture, creates a definition of the future architecture and provides options for the transformation to that future.
* Defines the future architecture through a set of principles, patterns and standards.
* Articulates the transition from the current to future state (in consideration of the future needs of the business requirements), striking a balance between standardisation, customisation, innovation, costs, and risk management.
* Works closely with the Technical Architects to ensure that the technology solutions being delivered are aligned with and move the architecture from the current to future state.
* Works with Service Designers to take an early view of the potential ask of technology, and understand best application of technology to deliver business change and achieve Departmental objectives * The Lead Technical Specialist Architect must be industry aware and consider emerging technologies that would benefit the Departments business ask.
The Lead Technical Specialist Architect will be responsible for:
* Ensuring that the solution patterns provided are effective, robust, cost effective, exploitable, flexible and secure that can be delivered, operated and supported
* Providing clear guidance to the Technical Architects and delivery teams of the architectural patterns and blueprints, thus supporting the delivery of the future architecture through solutions that are consistent with domain roadmap
* Collaborating with other Technical Specialist and Functional Technical Architects to assure the integrity and dependency mapping across roadmaps
* Articulating to a professional standard complex technical ideas in clear, informative and accessible language, tailored as necessary for the intended audience
* Communicating, inspiring and building effective relations with a wide range of stakeholders internally and externally across all sectors to help shape the on-going technology functional deliveries, so that they meet the objectives of the architecture
* Contributing to the Digital Design Authority by providing help and support projects requiring Domain specific support.
* Expert in Technology strategy formulation, including the identification and formulation of strategic action plans and application and technology roadmaps. Demonstrating their alignment to user needs, business value, evidence as to why, how, what, who and when things should be done.
* Expert in using architectural principles, methods, models and to