Service Design Engineer
Security Clearance: DBS
CV Deadline: 11/04 at 1330
We looking for a Service Design Engineer to provide service design insight and context to support Atlas delivery and also to apply Service Design thinking to the enforced return operation. For Atlas it is about providing the top level migrant and service view and to link the Atlas service deliveries in this context (context of use). Service design input will help mitigate issues of siloed design, and think about end to end delivery, focused on end outcomes, and improve the outcome for the organisation, within the boundaries and constraints that Atlas currently presents.
You will be supporting the delivery of a case working system that they are currently rolling out and providing some services to their BAU stuff. Also supporting/helping the team to understand the broader context and focus on deliverables/outcomes/objectives.
We are NOT looking for someone with a heavy technical background or an ITIL qualification
Travel to other locations 1/ 2 days a month travel to operational sites, e.g. Sheffield, Manchester.
To provide detailed
* clear articulation of intended benefits of Atlas (inc per user group) and problem framing
* set of stated, measurable outcomes for Atlas
* hypotheses anchored in the above guiding the sprints
* identification/specification of context of Atlas functionality within cross cutting service architecture (at HO and across Gov)
* identification/ specification of context of Atlas functionality within external and HO user journeys
* service patterns for interactions that are the same as or similar to others across .gov technologies
* interpretation and meaningful analysis of user research vis a vis emerging Atlas interface
* an experienced service designer with a strong user-centred design practitioner background, skilled in designing good services, helping others to do so and contributing to organisations aligning effort around delivering better service outcomes.
* demonstrable knowledge of user-centred design techniques including:
* anchoring design in high level/ strategic objective setting/ problem framing
* reflecting those in measurable service level outcomes
* defining service stages by breaking down a service into component parts of multi-touchpoint user journeys
* rapid prototyping skills (any format)
* knowledge of agile and / or lean techniques
* able to work across organisational boundaries, to ensure different service components created by separate groups contribute effectively to a coherent whole service for the user.
* able to influence the work or thinking of a wide range of stakeholders in a constructive way, presenting information and arguments clearly and convincingly.
* able to generate and socialise a shared understanding of complex topics across different groups using diagrams, prototypes or scenarios.
* able to work to work methodically, developing clear rationale and evidence for proposals or design decisions.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE required
* demonstrable experience working on cross platform services (in any industry)
* experience working with user researchers
* demonstrable experience in digital design for large scale technology programmes with digital patterns
* experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary agile development teams
* qualification in related field, eg design