Loc: Central London/HO
Clearance: CTC min
CV deadline: 20/3 @ 1200
We are looking for a CTC cleared Press Officer with an excellent news sense in terms of anticipating stories and coming up with media plans that will engage journalists. Ideally you will have Public sector experience, either in local or central government.
* A proven track record of working on proactive announcements, launches and campaigns.
* An awareness of political context in making communications choices.
* A talent in developing and nurturing excellent contacts with the media and external stakeholders.
* Good writing skills - you can turn around clean, crisp copy in plain English to tight deadline.
* Good oral communications skills combined with the confidence to deal with people at all levels.
* The confidence and skills to quickly get to grips with our agenda and build knowledge of our organisation.
* Ability to persuade others of the benefits of your recommendations or negotiate with others.
* Organising Ministerial interviews and media opportunities around announcements, visits, speeches and events.
* Providing timely proactive and reactive media handling advice to Ministers and senior policy officials.
* Skilfully and effectively briefing journalists, with accuracy and authority.
* Working closely with Ministers' private offices, officials and communications colleagues to plan and implement media strategies across a broad range of media outlets including specialist, lifestyle, online and other new media.
* Strategically planning communications activity across all disciplines to maximise our impact.
* Developing an understanding of issues across the department to enable you to play an effective part in the wider press office team.
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for more information. Thank you.