Programme Office Manager
Loc: Central London/HO ALBS
Clearance: CTC min
We are looking for a CTC or SC cleared Prince2/P30 Programme Office Manager to develop and manage the PMO to support the corporate delivery, coordination and assurance of change. You will have recent/relevant experience of managing a PMO with a proven track of record successfully supporting major change in a complex organisation, a track record in delivering organisation wide change/capability. You will have advanced IT Skills including Microsoft Project. Ideally you will have Govt experience & an understanding of the role of the College of Policing.
Will travel to other locations be required? Yes
* Manage the co-ordination of project management activity across the College to understand interdependencies between key College initiatives, identifying opportunities for more joined up working.
* Lead on deployment of the corporate programme/ project assurance processes to ensure that the progress and governance of key projects meets business requirements and informed decisions can be made regarding any remedial activity needed.
* Lead on the provision of high quality programme/ project information to support effective decision making
* Lead on the provision of expert advice and guidance across all areas of the programme/ project life cycle
* Manage the development and monitoring of programme/ project delivery controls
* Manage the planning and provision of project improvement manager resources
* Recruit, Develop, Motivate and Performance manage PMO team members to ensure that the PMO offers a high quality, efficient and cost-effective customer-focussed service
* Identify new ways of working that are flexible, based on good practice, and permeate the workings of the College in a positive manner
Skills and/or knowledge required
* Experience of overcoming resistance to change in a positive manner.
* Experience of developing and delivering programme/ project assurance tools
* 6An excellent communicator with the ability to transform service provision
* Strong analytical skills with innovative approaches to problem-solving
* Highly numerate with the ability quickly to interpret a wide range of financial and statistical information and explain complex data in simple terms
* Excellent communicator, able to engage with, present to and represent the College effectively in governmental and policing forums.
* Well-developed negotiating and influencing skills, able quickly to build effective working relationships across boundaries and to challenge accepted norms and conventions.
* Highly effective team player with the ability to draw together required resources, encourage diversity and motivate others to deliver required outcomes
* Outcome and customer-orientated, focused on delivering high quality service with high level of attention to details
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for more information. Thank you.