CV deadline: 20/02/19 @ 1430
Dept/Loc: SCM/Porton Down
We are looking for a Systems Engineer/Architect with a proven aptitude for developing system architectures within a military context & ideally experience of C4ISTAR. You will assist with the generation and development of multiple concepts for solving problems, capability gaps and risks associated with a range of projects and subject matter particularly within the C4ISTAR domain.
* Experience in business/systems analysis, solving technical challenges/analysis problems, requirements capture.
* Proven aptitude in using architecting techniques and architectural frameworks
* Awareness of the MoD System of System Approach (SOSA) principles.
* Awareness of benefits development and mapping.
* Experience of using specific architectural frameworks including MODAF, NAF, TOGAF or ArchiMate and tools such as MooD � (with M4 blueprint) or Sparx Enterprise Architect (with UPDM plugin)
* Experience of working with visualisation IT tools such as Visio and databases including use of SQL
* Experience in data gathering, workshop and facilitation methods
* Experience of working in the C4ISTAR area in one or more of the Joint, Maritime, Land and Air domains.
* Understanding of current and likely future Information Technologies and their possible exploitation into Information Advantage.
* Understanding of extant C4ISTAR concepts, doctrine and TTPs
The contractor will be required to assist with the:
* Development and refinement of business and technical architectures, working with stakeholders / customers as required.
* Generation and development of multiple concepts to mitigate land tactical ISTAR capability gaps.
* Identification and documentation of technical architectural components and requirements for future land tactical ISTAR system of systems including the identification of boundaries and interfaces.
The contractor will be required to:
* provide systems engineering expertise in supporting core research work, support to Front Line Command (FLC) projects and specialist advice to DE&S programmes.
* work within a systems thinking environment
* derive technical parameters from user and system requirements
* break down large scale undertakings into manageable chunks
* provide clear explanations of the impact of options
* work closely with designers and developers, aligning progress
* investigate, capture and articulate systems of interest and solution concepts
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for more information. Thank you.