Product Assurance Specialist
CV Deadline: 10/12 @ 1200
We are looking for a Senior Product Assurance Specialist with experience of the Space sector.
RAL Space is involved in all aspects of the design, manufacture, assembly and test of hardware and software for space-based and ground-based scientific instruments. An important part of this work is the Product Assurance function, provided by the RAL Space Product Assurance Group from which Product Assurance Managers are assigned to each of the projects in the department.
The RAL Space Product Assurance Group is looking to take on contract Senior Product Assurance Specialists to act as Product Assurance Managers for a portfolio of projects. The role includes responsibility for writing the Product Assurance Plan then ensuring that the activities it prescribes are followed to provide appropriate control and records of materials and processes, dependability, safety, EEE components, and for quality assurance measures including supporting and auditing suppliers. The PA Manager is the formal point of contact with the customers and suppliers on all Product Assurance matters.
There may be some need for travel on an ad-hoc basis, occasionally with overnight stays.
Personal Skills and Attributes
* Bachelors degree in a STEM subject, or, a very strong record of professional development
* Experience in Product Assurance for the space sector, working within an ISO 9001 or AS/EN 9100 certified
* Thorough knowledge of the ECSS standards set
* Experience with the Sapienza Eclipse tool suite
* A track record of thorough/conscientious work with excellent attention to detail, written/oral communication, time management, team working and skilled in prioritising demands across multiple projects.
* Full UK driving licence
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience of a Product Assurance Specialist to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for more information. Thank you.