Digital Developer - Linux
CV deadline: 6/12 @ 0930
We are looking for a Digital developer to be responsible for the Operational management of Linux servers & delivering a complex web application stack.
2 days a week from home.
You will be:
* Building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to do so;
* Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems;
* Supporting development teams with configuring applications for deployment.
You will have:
* An understanding of common web application architectures.
* Experience in configuring and managing Linux servers for serving a dynamic website.
* Experience in debugging a complex multi-server service.
* Scripting or basic programming skills.
* Familiarity with network protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
* A strong technical foundation in build, release and environments.
* Experience of Containerisation
* Passion for and ability to design and support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems for multi-tier Java J2EE _ .Net applications.
* Installation and management of open source monitoring tools;
* Configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef;
* Deploying and configuring machines in a Cloud environment (EC2, Google App Engine etc.);
* Working with clouds likes GWS, Terraform and coding infrastructure
* Application deployment strategies and continuous integration;
* Networking concepts, technologies, and protocols (TCP/IP, IPSec, HTTP, FTP, DHCP, and DNS);
* Virtualization systems (VMWare, Xen, etc);
* Operations team experience;
* Administering application servers, servlet containers, and web servers (WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, Jetty, Nginx, Mongrel, Microsoft IIS, Apache HTTP server, etc);
* Integration tools (Jenkins, Travis CL, Go);
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience of a Digital Developer to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for more information. Thank you.