Senior Operations Technician
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Operations Technician to join the NHS Datacentre Operations team.
As a Senior Operations Technician, you will be responsible for ensuring the continuing operation of a wide variety of datacentre hardware and software including HCI, SAN storage, VMware vSphere and Horizon and backup technologies. You will be responsible for design, planning, documentation and implementation of new technology services.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience and the technical skillset to perform in a fast moving IT environment. Ideally, you will have knowledge of the health sector, with the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, and excellent customer focus.
* Well developed data analysis and interpretation skills involving highly complex data, with outstanding analytical and problem solving skills.
* Experience of supporting budgets and efficiency programmes
* IT expert with an advanced working knowledge and proficiency in all Microsoft Office packages (e.g. word processing,spreadsheets,e � mail and internet use)
* Experience providing senior level technical support through a team of design experts
* Significant experience in developing technical strategy and providing specialist, professional support and guidance to peers and colleagues.
* Significant experience in performance monitoring and proposing corrective actions.
* Significant experience ensuring all services are in accordance with legislation and good practice
* Experience designing and delivering technical infrastructures to support a multi -client base
* Extensive knowledge, skills and experience of application technology.
* Experience creating and monitoring SLAs with clients and ensuring key objectives are delivered
* Understanding of the current issues impacting on the NHS
* Evidence of continuing professional development
* Post graduate qualification in relevant subject or significant experience
* Extensive knowledge, skills and experience of network infrastructures
* Extensive knowledge of Server, Storage and Virtualisation Technologies
* Three MCP examination passes in a server, network or infrastructure related discipline
* Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
* VCP-DCV (5 or later)
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for more information. Thank you.