Electro Thermal Modeller
CV deadline: 16/11/18 @ 1230
We are looking for a DV cleared Electro thermal modeller who has extensive experience in conducting Transient and Steady State Electro-Thermal and Thermal-Mechanical modelling using ANSYS Mechanical Enterprise.
This is a 4 day week at Porton Down
* Develop, validate and optimise electro-thermal & thermal-mechanical models.
* Document the User and Developer guides to capture the rationale and assumptions
* Detail required model inputs
* Contribute to understanding of parameter sensitivity
* Provide evidence based contributions to ensure effective project progress
* Assist with other related numerical modelling
* Provide knowledge transfer to Dstl internal project staff to enhance modelling capability.
* Develop preliminary thermal design of system and thermal models of systems.
* Produce thermal predictions, thermal analysis reports and thermal test plans.
* Prepare inputs and provide support for Preliminary Design Review.
You will have a HND (or equivalent) in applied science or engineering (or equivalent) plus at least 10 years relevant work experience, or degree qualified in applied science or engineering (or equivalent) with at least 5 years relevant work experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
* Has extensive experience in conducting Transient and Steady State Electro-Thermal and Thermal-Mechanical modelling using ANSYS Mechanical Enterprise
* Has expert knowledge of ANSYS Mechanical Enterprise
* Has experience in 3D CAD (such as AutoCAD, Spaceclaim, etc.) generation for use in computational models
* Has knowledge and experience of using MAPDL
* Has experience of mesh optimisation against competing constraints
* Has knowledge of RF/ Electromagnetic principles and modelling, and experience of suitable software packages e.g. CST, Microwave Studio, ANSYS HFSS
* Has experience of data analysis, sensitivity analysis, parameter investigation/optimisation using numerical programming languages such as Matlab, R, Python (Numpy).
* Has achieved chartership status with a professional science or engineering institution * Has previous training experience (i.e. being the trainer)
* Has experience of previous collaborative working on customer site
* Has evidence of being a good team player but also to work alone without supervision
* Has an understanding of system dynamics / modelling and sensitivity analysis.
* Be willing to occasionally travel to project related meetings.
* Exploring and understanding physical processes
* Logical mind-set
* Good oral/written communicator & interpersonal skills
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience required above please apply/contact me ASAP. Thank you.