CV deadline: 16/11/18 @ 1330
We are looking for a SC cleared Analyst with experience of Air Domain analysis in support of Military Customers. Ideally with experience of Air and/or Space Command & Control, Air Battlespace Management& Air Information Systems Architectures.
This requirement comes from the Air and Maritime Environment Group within Dstl's Defence and Security Analysis Division, and will include a number of key future research and procurement studies requiring expert knowledge, resulting in a demand for an experienced and skilled resource.
They will provide analytical support to the models and processes required for the research into future Air C2 and Battlespace Management constructs, future Air Information Architectures, Future Combat Air System requirement, and wider Air Enablers and Enterprise level analysis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Support OA and Decision Support activities to the Air System Projects; this will require working closely with Dstl staff on direct and research directed work packages developed to support Air Command (Air Cmd) and, where required, establishing and maintaining effective communications and working relationships with Air Cmd's, Capability branches and DE&S Project Teams.
The role includes supporting delivery to stakeholders/customers of analysis products & will include working as part of a team and/or as an individual on tasks and span from inception to delivery of output material conducting both quantitative and qualitative analysis.
Outside of the specific work packages the successful candidate will be expected to identify areas where work and working practices may be exploited across other work packages.
Skills and Experience Required
Experience of Air Domain analysis in support of Military Customers. In particular, the following expertise is desirable:
* Air and/or Space Command & Control
* Air Battlespace Management
* Air Information Systems Architectures.
* Experience of working with and delivering to a wide range of customers and stakeholders.
* Experience of producing OA papers for Business Case submissions.
* Experience of working within Defence Strategic Direction (DSD) Policy.
* Experience and expertise in Operational Analysis using a range of models, tools and techniques and capable of delivering technical reports in challenging timescales.
* Developing and delivering OA studies and an understanding of Systems Thinking/Engineering skills and experience of Analytical Tools and Techniques (including hard and soft methods).
* Proven ability to deliver technical reports and presentations in challenging timescales
* Previous experience providing Operational Analysis to support military decision making.
* Practical experience, knowledge or technical expertise of the Air or Space domains.
* Expertise in one or more of the following: Air and/or Space Command and Control (C2); Air Battlespace Management; Air Information Systems Architectures.
* Understanding of MOD Customers and Stakeholders, Operational Analysis and Equipment Procurement processes .
* Experience of Facilitation and analysis of Military Judgement Panels
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience required above please apply