We are looking for a Work Pack Lead/Manager with experience of delivering projects in a highly regulated industry.
Purpose of Role
To manage, deliver and control any phases or work packages within any projects sites to time, cost and quality under the management of a Senior Project Manager.
* To take personal responsibility for the consistent application of company projects practices and for implementing lessons learned from others.
* Support the safe delivery on a project to time, cost and quality ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory process requirements with responsibility for leading the project to a successful conclusion.
* Understand and follow Validation and Sanction Process.
* Assist in the production the Project Execution Plan, calling on specialist resources in both the preparation stages and throughout the life of the plan.
* Regularly report project progress to the Senior Project Manager.
* Interact with internal and external interfaces i.e. contractors.
* Identify and manage risk in accordance with the Risk and Opportunity Management process.
* Forecast contingency required and to draw down as appropriate.
* Consider options for value engineering as well as the potential for changes to the scope/schedule/forecast costings.
* Lead CDM activities for the project in accordance with the Project safety management arrangements.
* Responsible for minor stakeholder issues and interfaces.
* Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality on Site.
* As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
* Undertake core competence roles as required.
* As an effective Manager/Team Leader, the post holder will be responsible for People Management, Performance Management, Control and Supervision, Loss Control, Communications, Resource Management and Management of Systems and Processes.
* Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
* The post holder may be required to undertake emergency scheme duties.
* The post holder may be required to be a member of, and participate in, the Site Emergency Scheme subject to any fitness standards required.
* Support colleague's learning and development through knowledge sharing, task instruction etc.
* Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company's Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
* You must be able to work flexible hours/days
* HNC/HND or equivalent
* APMP or equivalent experience and a willingness to obtain APMP within 6 months of appointment
* CITB Construction Site Manager's Safety Certificate
* Experience of delivering projects in a highly regulated industry (e.g. Nuclear, Rail etc).
* Experience of working in complex organisations (Matrix Management) demonstrating influencing and organisational awareness skills.
* Aware of Health and Safety Legislation, which impacts on th