CV deadline: 10/10/18 @ 1600
Clearance required: SC
We are looking for a SC cleared Engineer with experience of current UK military certification regulations, processes and standards, the wider UK MAA Regulatory Articles & of working with DefStan 00-035& ideally DefStan 00-970.
Support the PROTECTOR Ground Systems Engineering Authority in agreement of the PROTECTOR UAS Equipment Environmental Qualification requirements, including overall qualification strategy. This includes all Environmental requirements for the Air Vehicle and Ground Control Station.
Support to reviewing certification requirements for the Ground Control Station (to define Type Certification Basis) and related Sub-system Certification Plans (SSCPs) in accordance with Military Air-sytem Certification Process (MACP) Phase 2 and Phase 3.
* Agreement of Equipment Qualification Approach for PROTECTOR for CDR2 in Nov 18.
* Agreement of Sub-system Certification Plans (SSCPs) prior to CDR2 in Nov 18
* Review of DefStan 00-035 requirements and those of RTCA DO-160 / Mil Std 810 to ensure that requirements are adequately covered, identifying environmental shortfalls.
* Management of Environmental shortfalls through development of Qualification Strategy.
* Review of Equipment LRU environmental qualification approaches in determining overall compliance to the DefStan 00-035 requirements.
* Agreement of compliance approaches with the DO and MAA, maximising the use of Acceptable Means of Compliance and Guidance Material in relevant military and civil certification standards, prior to Critical Design Review 2 (CDR 2) in November 2018.
May also be required to support;
* Review of PROTECTOR Ground Support Equipment requirements and sourcing from the MoD Supply chain.
* Management of PROTECTOR ITE Recommendations and review of closure strategies.
* Development of compliance statements for MAA Regulatory Articles using the HERMES Tool to ensure PT is complying with the MRP.
* Experience of current UK military certification regulations, processes and standards.
* Experience of the wider UK MAA Regulatory Articles.
* Experience working with DefStan 00-035 essential, experience working with DefStan 00-970 desired.
* Experience of civil (FAA and EASA) and US military certification regulations, processes and standards; in particular Mil-Std 810, RTCA DO-160.
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience required above please apply/contact me ASAP. Thank you.