We are looking for an Environmental Advisor with experience of data management, interpretation of environmental data and good technical report writing skills. Could be a graduate with minimum 3 years (ideally 5 years) working for an environmental consultancy. You will also have a broad knowledge of environmental monitoring and site characterisation.
The LLWR is required to undertake a comprehensive Environmental Monitoring Programme (EMP) across the site and surrounding areas to assess the impact of historical and current site operations. In addition the LLWR operates a programme of site characterisation to investigate any land contamination issues from historical activities.
An Environmental Advisor is required in order to supplement the current environmental monitoring and site characterisation team on the LLWR site.
Whilst on-site you will be accountable to the Environmental Monitoring Manager for all aspects involving the EMP and site characterisation projects.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
* Carry out interpretation of environmental monitoring and site characterisation data.
* Produce technical reports to a high quality.
* Help deliver the environmental monitoring and site characterisation programmes including carrying out sampling and fieldwork as required.
* Provide advice and guidance on environmental monitoring and site characterisation in support of regulatory requirements, safety cases, site operations and projects.
* Take a lead role in the management and storage of environmental and site characterisation data.
* Where appropriate, motivate, guide and assist in the training of the group to develop the skills and abilities of others for the benefit of the company.
* Assist in the development of resource planning for the team.
* Formulate budgetary information and procedures.
* Produce Risk Assessments and Method Statements to allow the team to carry out environmental monitoring and site characterisation work.
* Comply with legislative, regulatory and company policy standards and procedures e.g. safety, quality, risk, security etc. applicable to the role.
* Give support to the Environmental Monitoring and Site Characterisation Managers.
* Support development of geological and hydrogeological models of the site to support the ESC.
* To provide geological/hydrogeological support to site activities.
* Develop GIS capabilities to support EMP and projects.
* Relevant experience in interpretation of environmental and site characterisation data,
* Proven track record in the production of technical reports,
* Relevant degree in environmental subject (minimum 2:2),
* Experience of carrying out a variety of environmental monitoring including groundwater sampling, data management and storage,
* Excellent IT skills (MS Word/Excel) & ESRI ArcGIS, SQL Server.
* Ground characterisation, contaminated land risk assessment and remediation
* Full driving license.
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience above please call/mail me asap for more info. Thank you.