Control systems Engineer
To start asap.
We are looking for a Control Systems Engineer with a Control Systems, instrumentation or software background.
To provide a Control Systems support service to operating unit Programmable Electronic Systems (PES) by delivering targets set by the Control Systems Team Leader to meet the requirements of the site's health, safety and environmental framework in accordance with Sellafield Ltd policy, statutory and site licence requirements. Duties include but are not limited to: -
* Performs simple and complex system modifications without supervision
* Performs complex breakdown recoveries to safety, quality or environmentally significant systems, or to technically challenging systems, without supervision.
* Demonstrate an understanding of interfacing systems of different PES types, e.g. PLC to SCADA.
* Deliver Control Systems PES Manager duties and responsibilities for safety systems, technically challenging systems or a large number of non-challenging non-safety systems.
* Performs the Functional Safety Assessor and/or Design Review Panel Leader role.
* Mentor/tutor Control Systems apprentices and other less experienced engineers.
* Several Cyber projects to be delivered, including Tranche 3 Technical Refresh in line with Security & Resilience SMR Programme
* Delivery of system modifications to schedule and quality
* Delivery of breakdown recovery in a timely manner
* Delivery of PES management duties in accordance with SLP/SLSPs
* Experience of working in an industrial environment, e.g. chemical and/or nuclear plant experience.
* Experience of one or more of the following technologies is required: Modicon/Rockwell/Schneider Quantum PLCs, Rockwell Factorytalk/Panelview and Wonderware InTouch SCADA, ABB Mod300/Advant/800xA and Fisher Provox / DVOP, Windows NT/XP/7/Windows Server operating systems, 3Com/Cisco/Hirschmann/HP/Solarwinds networks, cybersecurity.
* Control Systems, instrumentation or software background.
* Experience of working in an operating plant environment delivering structured maintenance activities, control systems modifications, fixes and system improvements.
* Plant process knowledge and experience.
* Experience of working in teams.
* Degree qualified in electrical, electronic or software engineering or related experience.
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience of an Control systems Engineer to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience above please call/mail me asap for more info. Thank you.