Due to an increase in secured workload, we are seeking a Principal Planning Officer to join our Local Government planning division. The Principal Planning Officer will deputise for the Planning Manager when required and be responsible for a caseload of complex and varied projects. The role will also involve the mentoring of junior staff.
The successful candidate will be required to:
* Process complex planning applications
* Assist in training and mentoring junior members of the team
* Lead on pre-application discussions and provide advice, process planning applications
* Identify and maximise opportunities to increase revenue
* Represent the Council and Re at public meetings, including but not limited to committee, hearings, inquiries and Court
* In addition, the post-holder will be expected to undertake other reasonable duties, as required by the business.
* Essential Experience/Skills
* The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of the criteria listed below:
* Degree in Planning
* Excellent technical knowledge of the Town Planning system
* Demonstrable knowledge of provision of administrative processes relating to the processing of planning applications
* Planning experience in a consultancy or local government environment
* Competent and confident to lead negotiations with stakeholders and communicate clear advice on proposals
* Experience of applying H&S legislation and practices.
* Driving licence
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience of a Senior Planner to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you are a Senior Planner & you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for more information. Thank you. Ali/No8