In Service Engineer - DE&S
CV Submission Deadline: 14/8/18 @ 1455
Please note - on receipt of an authorised time sheet, No8 guarantee to pay contractors within 7 days
We are looking for an In Service Engineer with SC & experience of the DE&S safety processes, ideally you will have DE&S Safety Practitioner status.
The In Service Engineer provides support or leadership on the technical aspects of the in-service phase. They seek to apply engineering best practice, ensure that all stakeholders are effectively managed throughout the engineering activities, involve specialists as required and actively consider safety implications before making decisions.
* They provide technical support through life to the User and other projects, involving and interfacing with Suppliers and specialists as required.
* They take responsibility to deliver delegated technical work packages, making sure that safety aspects are considered
* They work with Users and Suppliers to ensure the overarching capability is realised to its full potential
* They minimise and manage the risk to availability, whilst ensuring that the solution remains safe and fit for purpose through life
* They manage the obsolescence of components, and ensure that the solution is properly disposed of (or terminated) when appropriate.
* They follow department guidance on applying a common engineering approach, ensuring the impact of deviation is understood.
The individual(s) will be required to have an understanding of DE&S Safety processes either by having a NEBOSH qualification and/or DE&S Safety Practitioner status. This will show they understand at least the basics of what a hazard/accident and their meanings determine for the safety argument.
The individual will assist the DE&S Safety Team in producing safety case reports, preferably written iaw JSP 101 (MS Office skills (Word mainly) would be beneficial).
The re-writing or producing safety case reports will also require alignment and use of the e-Cassandra toolkit. The updating of the SECRs will require the individual to plan, co-ordinate and write minutes of the safety panels to present pre and post Project Safety and Environmental Panels for the safety delegated individual to sign off.
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience of an In Service Engineer to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap. Thank you.