CV deadline: 12/07/18 @ 1030
We are looking for a qualified Chartered Surveyor who is an experienced team leader/Portfolio Manager for an Estate Management role. You will have a minimum of 10 years of Estate Management experience.
The main location can be based in either Leeds/LS11 9AT or York/YO1 7PX - but travel required to both sites - and possibly national travel.
Primary purpose of the role:
* Lead defined aspects of the estate management and transactional service delivery to Defra group. Providing managerial, technical and assurance oversight of acquisition, disposal, landlord & tenant and estate management.
* Act as a senior commissioning surveyor for estates related services.
* Provide technical and professional support transactional and project delivery.
* Provide property advice to Defra group in conjunction with the Head of Corporate Property.
* Prepare & review options appraisals and business cases in support of transactional activity & other approval processes.
* Act as professional lead for technical project specific tasks, for example asset valuations
* Represent Defra group in engagement with key stakeholders
* Deliver a high quality service through effective use of the resources available.
* Deliver transactional activity in an efficient and professional manner in accordance with best practice and departmental objectives.
* Manage a portfolio of acquisition, disposal, valuation and commercial Landlord & Tenant related matters.
* Lead the day to day estate management, engaging with internal and external occupiers/customers.
* Provide technical oversight and assurance to support the performance management of external estates service providers.
* Support the performance management of the estate, using their experience and knowledge to inform performance data collection and use the management information to improve the performance of the estate.
* When called upon to do so, provide support and professional advice to facilitate and inform Departmental policy development and provide technical advice.
* Contribute to the management of internal and external communications; official correspondence and Ministerial business.
* As a qualified Chartered Surveyor, continuously develop individual & team expertise to maintain and enhance the capability to Defra group Property.
* Build a positive team spirit and identity by creating a shared vision, challenging negative attitudes, promoting co-operation and mutual support, encouraging excellence, celebrating success, and defending actions
* In conjunction with others, to ensure that the effective deployment of appropriate resources achieves organisational priorities, outcomes and value for money.
* Hold a recognised professional surveying qualification, preferably graduate background.
* Minimum 10 years estate management experience.
* Ability to work under minimum supervision
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience of an Estate Manager to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you are an Estate Manager & meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for the full spec. Thank you.
Please be aware - subject to receipt of an authorised timesheet, payments to contractors are guaranteed within 7 days