CV Submission Deadline: 11/07/18 @ 1135
We are looking for a Project Manager with SC, experience of MoD procurement policies, conducting external and internal Stakeholder Management events (eg Industry days and cross MoD/OGD briefing days) & delivering MoD (DE&S/ISS) projects in accordance with Project Management Principles.
The SKYNET 6EC project is within the Concept Phase of the CADMID cycle and seeks to enter Assessment Phase through the successful completion of an Initial Gate Business case. The project ultimately seeks approval to procure the next generation of Beyond Line of Sight Communications to support the function of the MOD including UK Military Operations Worldwide.
This role exists to manage the delivery of project activity iaw Project Management Principles.
Responsibilities will include:
1. Development of a MoD Approvals and Assurance documentation pack in accordance with JSP 655 that clearly articulates all of the MOD's requirements for successful submission to Initial Gate
2. Contributing to development of business cases for approval
3. Identifying and monitoring project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing responses to them
4. Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests
5. Maintaining and applying project assumptions and dependencies management processes, activities, and outputs
6. Proactive industry engagement ensuring timely and accurate information exchange between MOD and its agents with potential satellite/BLOS suppliers. Increasing market knowledge and nurturing competitive environment.
7. Planning commercial activity, providing inputs to the project schedule
Post holders will be expected to work closely with any associated Delivery Partner personnel and stakeholders.
1. Experience of MoD approvals process
2. Formal Project Management Qualification (eg APMP, MSP, PRINCE2
3. Experience of Project Risk Management
4. Experience of MoD procurement processes (ie ISS or DE&S)
5. Experience of conducting external and internal Stakeholder Management events (eg Industry days and cross MoD/OGD briefing days)
1. Formal Project Risk Management Qualification (eg MoR)
2. Experience of Project Assumption and Dependency Management
3. Understanding of Service Integration And Management processes
4. Experience of Project Benefit Management
5. Experience of working with Military, Civil Servant, and Multi-contractor teams
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience of Project Manager to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you are a Project Manager & you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for more information. Thank you.
Please be aware - subject to receipt of an authorised time sheet, payments to contractors are guaranteed within 7 days