Radiological Protection Advisor /Senior Health Physicist
We are looking for a Certified Radiological Protection Advisor with experience of Health Physics on a Nuclear site & radioactive waste operations
Scope of job
The purpose of the post is to provide radiation protection advice and support to DSRL on the observance of the Ionising Radiations Regulations 2017 and other related topics.
The Job Holder will be responsible for providing the site projects with relevant and timely information and support in line with legal requirements.
The Job Holder will:
* Be an appointed/Certified RPA
* Provide projects with Radiological Protection advice and support
* Develop and provide specialist radiation protection training & technical advice to site
* Support the maintenance of codes of practice, standards and guidance
* Contribute to development of Safety Culture
* Provide advice and support to emergency arrangements
* Represent DSRL to regulators and external stakeholders
* Develop area of specialist advice for DSRL
* Undertake, interpret and cascade research of emerging topics
* Provide Health Physicist cover to site on a rota basis
* Supervision of supporting Health Physicists and trainees
* Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post
The Job Holder may:
* Represent Assurance at DSRL senior meetings
5 years in Health Physics on Nuclear site
Experience of radioactive waste operations
Experience in the production of radiological protection documentation including risk assessments and operating procedures and instructions.
Detailed knowledge and understanding of dosimetry and relevant key legislations.
Have a thorough understanding of the philosophy behind and application of regulatory and legislative requirements.
Have a thorough understanding of the philosophy behind and practical application of radiological protection.
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience of a Radiological Protection Advisor to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you are a Radiological Protection Advisor & you meet the experience above please call/mail me asap for more info & advise the day rate you are looking for. Thank you.