We are looking for a Surveyor (ideally RICS with Rail experience) to provide property advice and guidance on a range of property issues to support the delivery of a challenging programme of project works to deliver a safe, efficient, reliable and sustainable rail service.
This will include negotiating acquisitions (both temporary and permanent), disposals and lettings. The role requires working closely and cross-functionally with the Network Rail Infrastructure Project teams to tight deadlines. You will have the ability to manage a portfolio of external specialist property agents providing support for the delivery of these often complex multi-million pound projects.
* Stakeholder Management - To deliver a range of professional property services for a client group including (but not exclusive to) : acquisition, compensation claims, leases, surrenders, complex lettings, sale and temporary use of operational land. Be responsive to the needs of the business in delivering a range of property services.
* Operating Environment - Take responsibility for managing projects and programmes to an agreed budget. Manage portfolio to property service to maximum efficiency, delivering business objectives in terms of cost savings, income generation, asset management.
* Resource Management - To develop and maintain close and effective working relationships with internal colleagues to enable efficient and effective delivery.
* Service - To deliver a professional service to all internal clients and external customers, outperforming service targets, and develop strong working relationships with all key stakeholders. Instruct and manage relationships with external agents and solicitors to deliver optimum value commercial agreements.
* Leadership - To provide the business with technical leadership on the range of property issues.
* Strategy and process - To identify and implement changes required to support delivery of Property Services overall strategy. Assist in the delivery of the strategy for the client group
* Safety - to implement property solutions in support of delivery of a safe working environment and a safe rail system
* Sustainability - to make sustainability a key element of all activities being delivered
* Knowledge Sharing - Seek to share best practice and learnings across the team for the benefit for NR and Property
* Authority / Decision Making - Take responsibility for providing property solutions, and a range of property transactions including (but not exclusively)acquisitions, leases, surrenders, re-grants to maximise benefit to Network Rail on land utilisation issues.
* Project / Programme Management - Provide the client group and colleagues with consistent and professional advice in determining the most effective approach to project property requirements.
Job skills, experience and qualifications:
* Educated to degree level or equivalent (or working towards)
* MRICS qualified (or working towards)
* Good communication and influencing skills
* Strong negotiation skills
* Proven experience of managing a range of property transactions
* Good presentation skills
* Full Driving Licence
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience of a Surveyor to take control of this requirement from its inception to its completion.
If you are a Surveyor & meet the experience required above please call/ma