We are looking for a procurement professional (Commercial Manager) with SC & experience of the MoD/Dstl to provide procurement support to multiple areas of our business, whilst supporting the development of effective contractual relationships with external supplier base. You will be required to place Research contracts in line with Dstl / MOD commercial policy.
The requirements will be varied and require an understanding of MOD procurement policy to ensure a fair and compliant process is followed at all times.
* Providing procurement and commercial service [within delegated authority limits] ensuring contracts and suppliers meet Dstl's requirements for operational and contractual delivery.
* Managing procurements through the development and implementation of effective contracts with appropriate suppliers, considering internal needs and supply market characteristics.
* Using a range of EU compliant procurement routes and tools as appropriate.
* Developing market and commodity intelligence, making use of internal and external data.
* Making use of effective procurement approaches and processes.
* Providing direct support and advice as appropriate, including acting as the 'advisor' on issues such as commercial approaches, evaluation processes and negotiation strategies.
* Developing strong relationships with stakeholders in order to fully understand their needs
* Using a range of supplier performance monitoring techniques to ensure business objectives are being achieved.
* Developing an understanding of the external supplier base supporting the Divisions.
Domain Knowledge / Contracting and procurement in the Defence and Security Environment / Contracting for research / Working knowledge of DSPCR and/or PCR / OJEU Experience would be beneficial / Knowledge of EU Regulations / Contract management
* Experience of managing many stakeholders to provide resolutions to contractual issues.
* Experience of successfully delivering effective supply chain management.
As well as the specific experience required above you will have the necessary qualifications, skills & experience of a Commercial Manager to take control of this requirement from inception to completion.
CV Submission Deadline for the Project Manager role: 30/05/18 @ 1445.
This role can be at Portsdown West or Porton Down - please advise on application.
If you are a Commercial Officer & you meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap for more information. Thank you.