Mechanical or Electrical Draughtsperson
We are looking for a Draughtsperson either Mechanical, Electrical or both, with plant experience & ideally living within daily commuting distance.
To report to the Harwell Drawing Records Manager, and to:
* Create and modify drawings for all areas across the B462 plants.
* Be able to work on drawings in a number of mediums, including AutoCAD (2013 onwards), TIFF, etc.
* Use the CAD office document management tool Admit to flow drawings as they progress through their various routes to release.
* Support design engineers in the production of drawings required in relation to the range of projects undertaken at B462 and across all discipline areas, with an ability to understand the standards and requirements of the design.
* Where relevant use Mainsaver (electronic works control system) to receive and plan work
* Ensure that QA paperwork is produced in a timely manner and in accordance with local procedures for all drawing work.
* Carry out mechanical survey work and mark up drawings.
* To provide a service to the Complex to print and prepare hard and electronic copies of drawings required in support of design, operations, project and maintenance teams.
Desirable Aptitudes and Experience:
* A technical / engineering qualification to HNC level or equivalent. Strong mechanical bias and a good understanding in this discipline area.
* Minimum C&G training in AutoCAD.
* Experience of producing drawings or documents in a highly regulated environment utilising detailed QA processes required.
* Ability to develop the skills required to create and manage drawings across all discipline areas. (It is accepted that the mechanical discipline will be the strongest)
* An ability to understand complex plant, equipment and concepts to assist engineers in the development of specification drawings, design drawings and the updating of drawings following completion of work. An ability to understand design specifications, standards and requirements is needed.
* Familiarity with good practice drawing techniques including layering conventions, symbols libraries and British Standards, etc.
* Knowledge of other design / draughting packages, i.e. Solidworks would be an advantage.
* Strong IT capabilities across the Microsoft range, with ability to use other packages after relevant training, Agresso, Admit (drawing database), Mainsaver (work flow package), and other bespoke company software systems.
* Good interpersonal / communication skills.
* Ability to work with the minimum of supervision.
* Ability for accuracy with records and adherence to procedures.
If you are a Draughtsperson & you meet the experience above please call/mail me asap for more info. Thank you.