We are looking for an HMRC Programme Support Officer who has confidence working with senior and diverse stakeholders in other government departments, ALBs and public bodies, while representing the aims and objectives of the Future Borders Programme and working in a politically sensitive environment.
The Programme Support Officer (PSO) will work with the Programme Manager and Programme Planner and assist in management of the day to day running of the Programme Management Office, leading on the consolidation and management of reporting, the management of the risk issues and dependencies log, and providing secretariat support for the Future Borders Governance Group (FBGG).
Duties to include:
1. Work with the Programme Manger to help drive pace, and regular reporting for the wider Programme team
2. Own day to day preparation and management for the monthly Future Borders Governance Group (FBGG); shaping agendas, preparing the forward agenda, taking minutes and coordinating sessions
3. Support in the maintenance of the risks, issues and dependencies log for the Programme; working with Workstream Leads and Product Owners to ensure these are clearly articulated and with clear actions / next steps against each of them
4. Consolidate, analyse, and provide information to the Programme Manager on progress reports from the different Programme teams
5. Support the development of materials for the wider Programme Team on an ad hoc basis
6. Establish and maintain the Programme information management system on the HMRC filing system (CAF).
The Future Border Programme overarching objectives for the Programme are as follows:
* ? Support the key mission elements of increased security, improvement of trade and protection of revenue
* ? Identify and develop reusable solutions to current and potential future issues affecting multiple actors at the border
* ? Determine effective new ways to use data and technology to support more efficient border management and resolve specified and agreed problems
* ? Identify potential gaps between day one service and world class borders and mitigate the delay in their implementation
* ? Create an effective & efficient UK border
If you are a qualified Programme Support Officer with Central Government experience and would like to apply for this role please do not hesitate to contact me or apply direct.