* Job Title: Business Case Lead - 28247 - DFT
* CV Submission Deadline: Wednesday 18th April @ 15:00 pm
* Daily Pay Rate: £500 Umbrella OR £398.13 PAYE
* Location: London
* Contract Length: 07/05/2018 to 06/10/2018
* Clearance: BPSS (DS or DBS)
We are looking for a Business Case Lead ideally with Govt Dept/DFT experience. Detail below.
* Lead on providing advice to project leads on factors to consider in a commercial business case, and lead with the development of drafting of the commercial case and procurement strategy.
* Co-ordinate cross-Group business case and investment board paper review feedback, produce verbal and written briefing to GCS Director.
* Lead and participate in meetings with project leads to review progress, provide advice and guidance and provide early comments on the content/structure of their business case by deadlines agreed with the project leads.
* Provide senior managers in Group Commercial Services and across the Group with briefing (either verbal or written) on Business Case related topics by deadlines set prior to their attendance at BICC, other Investment Boards and PAB.
* Provide daily advice and guidance across the Group to address issues and recommended solutions to drive delivery forward.
* Deal with issues which are complex and require legal input and a detailed understanding of Public Procurement legislation, government policy, commercial good practice, and knowledge of overarching commercial aims and challenges of the Group.
* Articulate options and large-scale reputational risks and impacts, including economic, environmental, political and social, and recommend plans to manage and mitigate these.
* Work collaboratively with the Procurement and Contract Management Assurance Leads to manage the business case pipeline and agree joint consolidated commentary/feedback before final submission of the business case.
* Work Collaboratively with other CoEs to jointly lead the development and continuous improvement of the CoE network, including leading in the development of the business case pipeline.
* Provide written brief, supplemented by verbal briefings as necessary, to the Procurement Assurance Board chair and Head of Procurement and Contract Management Assurance on procurement and commercial matters arising from business cases for projects due to be considered at the Procurement Assurance Board and BICC.
* As required (typically daily - weekly) - provide timely review, briefings and comments prior to the sign-off of Commercial Business Cases in support of BICC and other investment boards
* MCIPS Qualified or equivalent experience
* Have a detailed knowledge of the Public Procurement Directives and Government Procurement Policy
* Demonstrate understanding of risk assessment, including strategic risk and risk of failure;
* Must have experience of considering / advising on commercial cases for high value strategic procurements
* Good understanding of wider commercial considerations such as project and programme funding, management of grants, inter-departmental commercial arrangements
* Good numeracy and knowledge of project and programme finance
* Good operational procurement experience
* Change management experience
* Proven ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders
If you are a Business Case Lead & meet the experience required above please call/mail me asap. Thank you.
James/Number 8 Resourcing Ltd