* Job Title: Estates and Facilities Manager - 28231 - DIO
* CV Submission Deadline: 18/04/2018 @ 16.00
* Competitive Daily Pay Rates: £298.91 UMBRELLA £238.01 PAYE
* Hours: Daily 7.4 / Weekly 37
* Location: South East:Andover: Marlborough Lines
* Contract Length: 23/04/2018 - 27/10/2018
* Security Clearance Level Required: BPSS/DS (easily obtained)
We are looking for an experienced Estates and Facilities Manager ideally with experience of the MoD/DIO. Detail below.
An Estates and Facilities Manager based within the DIO team at Andover. At the Defence Infrastructure Organisation (DIO) we are responsible for the management of the military estate. Acquisitions and Disposals are part of the Estates Management team within DIO. Their overall objective is to equip Defence with a smaller, more efficient and better estate. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to work within the Acquisitions and Disposals team to bring sites forward to disposal.
This entails organising site closure board meetings, working with customers and wider DIO, having the ability to influence both DIO and wider groups, putting in place utility strategies to service the retained estate, leading utility disconnection work, arranging closure works, updating internal asset management systems and completing finance returns.
There will also be a requirement to submit business cases to ensure all required works are approved and funded within the overarching programme plan.
* The applicant will have regular progress meetings with the line manager.
* The suitable applicant will be a good communicator, be able to work as part of a team and individually motivated to push forward the site through the site closure process.
* The applicant will have a good understanding of utilities and facilities management as they will be expected to develop a good understanding of the different contracts in place with the utility/facility management providers.
* Due to the amount of data to be reviewed, tight timescales and tasks having interdependencies on other areas of the business an organised project management approach is essential to being successful in this role.
* The successful applicant will demonstrate a personal commitment to the DIO guiding principles: Integrity, Agility, Accountability, Safety first, Collaboration and Enthusiasm Organising site closure board meetings, putting in place utility strategies to service the retained estate, leading utility disconnection work, arranging closure works, updating internal asset management system
* Act as the primary point of contract for, and liaise with, local customers at numerous properties.
* Assist in the Management of staff, contractors and consultants to ensure the provision of high quality and efficient services and its.
* General administration including filing, raising and paying invoices and keeping records.
* Assist in the managing, motivating and empowering a team of well-trained staff.
* Carry out staff appraisals, develop and implement Personal Development Plans for team members.
* Keep abreast of all relevant property and facilities management developments.
* Provide opinions and submissions for Business cases and assist with planning short to long-term Facilities projects.
* Support management in the day to day activities related.
* Facilitate and tend to other department's projects and developments.
* Contribute to ensure projects are completed on time .