Job Title: Implementation Business Analyst - 28046 - NCTP
*CV Submission Deadline: 17/04/18 @15:00
*The Maximum Pay Rate: £400 Umbrella £318.51 PAYE
*Location: Inner London: Empress State Building (occasional visits to either NSY OR 10 Victoria Street)
*Contract Length: 6 months
*Clearance Level Required: SC or ideally DV
We are looking for a Business Analyst with SC or DV (otherwise must be prepared to get either - 6-8 weeks) & ideally experience of Policing/CT Policing. Detail below.
The NCTPHQ Implementation Business Analyst provides a critical role in supporting the development of detailed documentation of business requirements and ensuring that these are incorporated into project and programme business case development and documentation. The NCPTHQ Implementation Business Analyst will be directly accountable to the Programme Manager in charge of the PPM Delivery Services team.
The National Counter Terrorism Policing Headquarters (NCTPHQ) is the corporate centre for CT Policing, and provides services to the entire UK CT Policing network nationally and internationally. You will be working within the NCTPHQ Change Pillar, which oversees a number of complex change activities across the CT Policing Network. The current operational environment for CT is dynamic, and CT Policing must continually respond and change to the threat. Change is therefore at the heart of CT.
The Implementation Business Analyst will:
* Conduct analysis of business requirements across the CT Policing Network to support programme and projects in developing business case documentation which effectively represent the business needs. For example, supporting the project in capturing as-is information in key areas and drafting key sections of the business cases based on the outputs of the analysis.This will be achieved by identifying and collecting relevant data, organising and analysing data, and compiling outputs (primarily into business cases).
* Work with the Strategic Design Authority to develop appropriate templates / processes for the recording of business requirements and associated organisational structures, policies, procedures and standards that will govern the way the business will operate upon project completion.
* Complete analysis in support of change implementation and evaluation. For example, assessing the level of maturity and detail of the business requirements captured as part of the project development and reviewing whether the business case's developed are meeting / addressing these business requirements.
* Provide best practice advice and support to projects in business analysis methods and approaches.
* Provide quality assurance and feedback on business requirements design documents and business cases.
Communication and relationship skills:
* Ability to interact, negotiate and build strong working relationships with senior managers to inform and influence decision making to achieve PPM assurance activity
* Ability to provide evidence based assessments and recommendations for improvement from the assurance of programmes and projects
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and stakeholder engagement skills including experience in developing concise and accurate briefings for senior management
Analytical and judgment skills:
* Analyse information to provide an understanding of the key requirements of the business.
* Apply learning from analysis to project delivery to meet busine