*Job Title: Strategic Category Manager - NON ICT - 27682 - NCTP
*CV Submission Deadline: 17/04/18 @10:00
*The Maximum Pay Rate: £425 Umbrella £338.41 PAYE
*Location: 10 Victoria Street
*Contract Length: 6 months
*Clearance Level Required: Sc STRAP or ideally DV
The Counter Terrorism Policing (CTP) Commercial Pillar leads the development of commercial strategies in order to deliver commercial services to the CT Network. It is tasked with ensuring CTP achieves value for money and maximises value from spend on goods and services while meeting the needs of the Business. The scope of the pillars responsibilities includes:
The role holder will be responsible for:
* Delivery and management of national and London requirements across the non-ICT categories, supporting the development of a category strategies for all relevant expenditure both internally and externally ensuring category management processes are in place that enables the assessment of the market capabilities to meet the needs of users and the business.
* Supporting and delivery the development of commercial strategies for all procurement activities through sourcing, contract execution and contract management stages.
* Develop strong relationships internal and external relationships with all key stakeholders to ensure alignment and focus on business objectives, across CTP Pillars and Business Groups and acquire a detailed knowledge of their categories in order to deliver value to CTP.
* Interaction and influence with a number of external bodies, including Partners, other Forces, CT Units. Where appropriate, seek collaboration across with Partners, wider CT Network and, wider public sector.
* Providing leadership within the category and ensuring CTP achieves maximum value for money whilst meeting the needs of the Business.
* Working with Contract Management lead, ensuring control of CTP spend and, specifically, critical contracts are continually analysed in order to develop and drive value adding initiatives.
* Ensuring effective Contract Management of key contracts and suppliers, ensuring supplier performance KPI's are met working with Contract Management Lead.
* Responsible for the delivery of spend through compliant contracts, ensuring legal compliant and risk mitigation of contracts.
* Drive innovation in category portfolio demonstrating continuous improvement.
* Working within a secure environment upon sensitive projects, ensuring awareness and compliance.
* The post will require the applicant to be vetted to a minimum of SC and STRAP.
* Effective team/project leadership.
* Exhibits strong leadership.
* Projects personal impact and credibility at all levels (including senior) of the organisation and the external market.
* Builds collaborative partnerships.
* Commercially astute.
* Exhibits ability to work in teams.
* Politically astute with an ability to develop networks both within the organisation and externally.
* Strong stakeholder management skills.
* Highly effective communicator.
* Engages with users to understand requirements.
* Resolves queries and complaints.
* Influences users' choice
* Workload management and prioritization within the category.
* Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills. Strong report writing skills.
* Expert Category management experience including demonstrating market knowledge and understanding