*Job Title: Project Support Officer - 28091- NCTP
*CV Submission Deadline: 13/04/18 @16:00
*Deadline for Questions: Email
*The Maximum Pay Rate: £330 Umbrella £262.77 PAYE
*Location: 10 Victoria Street
*Contract Length: 6 months
*Clearance Level Required: SC/DV
We are looking for experienced Project Support Officer with SC or DV (otherwise must be prepared to get either - 6-8 weeks) & ideally experience of CT Policing. Detail below.
This role will be working on a programme delivering a significant new national intelligence capability to Police CT/DE and policing partner organisations. The Programme has completed the related technical solution and is rolling it out to the user community as well as undertaking significant business design in order to enable exploitation of this new capability. This new capability is enabling further recognised change projects and activities, and, as a result, new scope is being added to the Programme.
Assisting the establishment and maintenance of a project support function, providing the management and maintenance of the following project functions & governance with, and on behalf, of the project manager and the central Programme Management Office:
* Planning, Control & Reporting
* Risk Management & Issue Resolution
* Quality and Configuration Management
* Sustainment and BAU Transition
Assisting the Project Manager to ensure that:
* The project is defined and implemented to comply with organisational strategy, agreed standards and approach (based upon PRINCE2 and MSP), with all necessary capability, process, standards and templates to maintain this compliance.
* The overall project delivery is managed to a defined project plan, working with the Programme, business, suppliers and other relevant national Programmes to define key activities, dependencies, resources, costs and milestones associated with the implementation of projects.
* Third party suppliers are managed effectively.
* Business stakeholder relationships are appropriately managed.
* The project's cycle of delivery reporting, review and management direction is provided, using defined management groups.
* Sufficient skilled and experienced resources are available to support the delivery and that the project retains appropriate knowledge.
* Progress to meet timescales and other success factors are tracked and managed, proactively managing risks and issues to ensure delivery achievement.
* The project can provide relevant, accurate and timely activity, cost and progress reporting.
* The project is capable of managing external review and audit, including - �Gateway' reviews.
* The project's deliverables are identified, tracked and managed.
* The project and solutions are effectively transitioned to a defined business as usual approach and the project is closed effectively, ensuring that any post-project reviews are appropriately established.
* Experience of working as a Project or Programme Support Officer/Asst Project Manager/Coordinator within a complex project and political environment involving multiple disciplines (eg: Business Change, IT, Estates).
* Experience of working within a Programme/Project Management Office structure, to defined methodologies and standards, ideally using PRINCE2 and MSP.
* Experience in supporting complex projects, delivery resources and teams, as part of adynamic environment and use of formal methods(s).
* Programme and project est