Job Title: Building Services/Facilities Manager - 27505 - MoJ
CV Submission Deadline: 16-4-18 @1430
The Maximum Pay Rate: £540 Ltd
Location: Inner London: Petty France
Contract Length: 3 months (poss ext for 3 months)
Clearance Level Required: DBS
We are looking for a Building Services/Facilities Manager with experience of tendering for hard services (maintenance & small works) FM contracts or working on client-side tenders, Detail below.This is an opportunity to join a large project with HMCTS, an agency of the Ministry of Justice.
HM Courts and Tribunals Service was created in April 2011 as an executive agency of the Ministry of Justice. It uniquely operates on the basis of a partnership between the Lord Chancellor, the Lord Chief Justice and the Senior President of Tribunals. It currently has around 18,000 staff, operating from around 500 locations with a gross annual budget of ca £1.7billion, approximately £914 million of which is recovered in fees and income from service users. It handles over 2 million criminal cases, 1.8 million civil claims, more than 150,000 family law disputes and almost 800,000 tribunal cases annually.
We are at the beginning of a 6 year £1 Billion Programme to redesign the way courts and tribunals services are provided throughout England and Wales. The HMCTS reforms will deliver some of the most significant set of reforms to the courts and tribunals system for England and Wales since Victorian times, and is the most ambitious of its kind anywhere in the world.
As a key enabler of the change programme we (Property Directorate) are reviewing our facilities management (FM) service arrangements. We are looking for subject matter experts in FM to join a project team over the next year to 18 months to take responsibility for elements of a re-procurement programme. The roles require experienced FM professionals able to work at speed and under pressure, with a good knowledge of tendering and delivering large security, cleaning, maintenance, help-desk, small works and other services.
* Working on detail with Facilities Management (FM) Operations team on data collection and library creation for the Invitation To Tender (ITT)
* Act as hard FM services/statutory compliance Question & Answer (Q&A) lead for the project during clarification phase - covering maintenance, small works and regulatory compliance
* Assist the Senior FM Lead on the detail of evaluation process; train/brief FM Operations Team for the evaluation panel
* Work as the hard services lead on the project during tender evaluation - with specific focus on compliance/forward maintenance register
* Co-author of the Full Business Case (FBC) - contribute to key holder reviews and Q&A
* Contributor of hard FM elements in the new contract documents, working in conjunction with contract & commercial colleagues
* Act as the maintenance, small works & compliance lead on the FBC through key Governance Stages incl. Gateway Reviews through to Cabinet Office and treasury approval
* Lead the demobilisation / mobilisation phase of new contracts - working with the regional staff in FM Operations
* Joint creator of lessons learnt & benefits realisation report
Essential Skills / Experience
* With experience of tendering for hard services (maintenance & small works) FM contracts, or working on client-side tenders
* Familiar with developing/running service specifications, which drive service improvement