Job title/Ref - Cost Engineer - 3902
Site - LLWR/Seascale
Duration/Hours - 12 months approx. - 8/40
Day rate - £40 ph Ltd
We are looking for a Cost Engineer ideally with experience of the Nuclear sector. Detail below.
To provide a cost and project controls service to independently and robustly manage, measure and report performance of a significant, dynamic and rapidly changing programme of work within the bounds of the LLWR project controls framework, and to contribute to the development of project control policies and procedures.
* Challenge and verify subcontract cost information and forecasts as part of a collaborative framework.
* Work in conjunction with a planner to develop, manage and maintain significant programmes of work in accordance with LLWR established project controls framework through detailed volume production and the trending and change control process.
* Provide Earned Value Analysis, identify critical areas, trends and recommend recovery options, and contribute to clear and concise reporting.
* Provide accurate forecasts for expenditure and performance within the financial year and project lifetime.
* Maintain cost control databases for areas of work, and ensure validation and integrity of data across systems.
* Control project expenditure as part of an authorisation chain.
* Lead improvements in cost control within the LLWR project controls team.
* Provide a governance role within the project controls framework by assisting in the preparation and maintenance of project control policies and procedures, and actively promote adherence to them throughout the business.
* To provide support to the application of risk processes and to the Project Teams, Risk Co-ordinator and Risk Manager in risk identification, reviews, workshops and upkeep of risk registers.
* Contribute to on-going project controls systems development and to assist in training, mentoring and supporting colleagues in their development.
* Experience (+5 years) in a project controls discipline and knowledge of best practice.
* Experience of working with NEC3/4
* Ability to produce and present information to high standards.
* Experience of all project controls disciplines including planning and risk management
* Able to work under pressure and adapt to changes in the work environment, managing competing demands and meeting tight deadlines.
* Excellent planning and organisational skills.
* Comprehensive knowledge of MS Office.
* Experience of project controls in a nuclear context.
* Knowledge of Project Controls systems including Primavera P6, Aries Prism G2 and Predict.
* Accredited to an appropriate professional body where appropriate.
If you are a Cost Engineer with the experience above please apply & I will get back to you asap. Thank you. James/Number 8 Resourcing
Please take a look at our other Nuclear sector roles on our website.
Please don't apply if you don't meet the experience required!