Property Surveyor - 47671 - Blackburn - £33-41k
23 days holiday + bank holidays.
We are looking for a Property Surveyor with Commercial Property/Estates experience to work in Blackburn. Detail below.
The Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for an enthusiastic property surveyor to join our Transactional Estates Team. The post holder will initially be working on a full time commission with Blackburn with Darwen Council, providing support to the Growth and Development Team. The Council has ambitious plans for the regeneration of Blackburn and Darwen, and are seeking a surveyor with experience in operating in the commercial market to provide advice and support on valuation, acquisitions, disposals, CPO, development and site amalgamation. Support may also be required to the wider Transactional Estates Team, both within the Blackburn with Darwen Partnership and as part of Capita's national Transactional Estates Tower. The successful candidate would also be encouraged to develop their own career through continuous professional development.
* To support regeneration and redevelopment activity, including engagement with developer companies, other professionals and key stakeholders
* To provide advice from a property perspective on the options available to the client when looking at site consolidation and regeneration initiatives.
* To carry out acquisitions and disposals of a range of property types and locations.
* To investigate, evaluate and advise on property related operational requirements for clients including Property Review, Asset Management and Accommodation Utilisation.
* To prepare and review development appraisals and viability assessments.
* To carry out Landlord and Tenant work on a variety of properties.
* To carry out valuations for a variety of purposes in accordance with the RICS Red Book.
* To liaise with the Growth and Development Team as required.
* Provide asset management and valuation support to our surveying teams in accordance with professional standards and best practice.
* To manage property on behalf of clients in a professional and commercially enterprising manner.
* To liaise with tenants/occupiers, landowners, other professionals including solicitors and members of the public in explaining and delivering a property service on behalf of our clients
* To maintain accurate property data records
* To assist the Transactional Estates team in identifying and investigating new work opportunities to grow the business
As a Property professional, you will have:-
* Professional qualifications - a degree in a property or related discipline
* Working towards and close to achieving Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
* A strong commercial acumen with knowledge of the Blackburn and surrounding areas' property market.
* Experience of working in a property office environment.
* Experience of working on high level projects.
* Knowledge of the key issues and processes relating to property management and valuation
* Detailed knowledge of Landlord and Tenant Issues and Case Law.
* Experience of using a wide range of valuations methods and purposes
* Experience of property marketing.
* Capable of interpreting Leases, deeds and other Property Agreements
* Able to present written and verbal reports to clients.
* Strong prioritisation and time management skills, & able to meet deadlines.
* Computer literate with an unders