Job title - Ref
Duration - Hours
3 months rolling contract - 8/40
£350 a day
We are looking for a Server Engineer ideally with nuclear sector/NNL experience. Detail below
The NNL is transforming the way in which IT will be delivered to meet the changing requirements of the business. The NNL has a requirement for a temporary Server Engineer on a 3 month rolling contract, to be involved with mainly project work.
The Server Engineer will have a broad understanding of infrastructure and networking.
The Server Engineer will support the design, and execute the build and configuration of servers, both in Azure and on premise. In addition, they will where required identify, prioritise, and resolve BAU related issues that impact business operations.
The Server Engineer will be responsible for:
* Implementing local and Public Cloud Hosted Servers;
* Service Availability Management and Monitoring;
* Configuration Management;
The Server Engineer will support the wider IT function and contribute towards:
* A Establishing new infrastructure and operations function;
* Defining standards and processes to support the new function;
* The Technical Boards and Service Introduction;
* Incident and Request Resolution;
* Disaster Recovery and Event Management;
* NOC and SOC Services; and
* Capacity Management and Planning.
The Server Engineer will have:
* Eligibility for security clearance to SC and be a UK national;
* 3+ years working in a similar infrastructure and operations role;
* Experienced in hybrid environments combining on premise and public cloud;
* Exposure to IT Procurement and Vendor Management;
* Motivation and be a self-starter able to work in a fast paced, complex and dynamic environment;
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
* Responsibility for the delivery of their own work packages;
* Experience in managing and troubleshooting escalations and resolution of all infrastructure related issues;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The Server Engineer will have technical experience in:
* O365 and Cloud (Azure);
* LAN, WAN, VPN and MPLS;
* TCP/IP, VOIP, SIP with a working knowledge of Cisco systems;
* End Point Management including AV, Malware, Patch, NAC and Deployment;
* Operating System Build and Hardening (Server and Client, Windows and Linux);
* Virtualisation and Migration (P2P, P2V, V2V, VMWare / HyperV);
* Directory Services (AD, AAD, LDAP);
* Firewall Configuration, Changes and Troubleshooting; and
* Storage Solutions, Backup and Replication Services (Local, SAN, Cloud).
If you are a Server Engineer with the experience above please apply & I will get back to you asap. Thank you. James/Number 8 Resourcing.
Please take a look at our other Nuclear sector roles on our website.
Please don't apply if you don't meet the experience required!