Senior Transport Planner - 51129
We are looking for a Senior Transport Planner with experience of Transportation/Development planning for a role in Manchester. Detail below.
Capita provide transport planning advice and development planning assistance to both the public and private sector. Our services range from data collection and traffic modelling to detailed transport assessments and travel plans to scheme design, preparation of funding bids and strategic assessment from a transport perspective.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Transport Planner to join our team engaged in all aspects of traffic and transportation planning including development of strategic transport schemes, funding bid preparation, transport assessments for new developments, master planning, urban regeneration and sustainable transport projects. This includes projects for a broad range of clients including public sector organisations and private sector clients.
The successful candidate will assist in and manage the preparation of all aspects of our work and will have the opportunity to become involved in a wide variety of exciting transport planning projects. He or she will be a critical part of a very busy, commercially focussed team which has an expanding workload and will be required to undertake a variety of tasks that are required in order that project delivery deadlines are met.
As part of the role you will be required to liaise with other professionals including Local Authority Officers, Architects and Town Planners and hence must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
We're committed to developing our staff and as such the successful candidate will benefit from one-to-one training on a wide range of tasks that encompass transport planning and external training is also provided and offered on a company wide basis.
Key Requirements are as follows:
* Ideally 3 years + experience in transportation / development planning;
* Ability to deliver transport planning solutions, manage junior staff and successfully manage projects;
* A good all round knowledge of all aspects of transport planning for developments from strategic appraisal through to transport assessments and traffic engineering;
* Sound technical experience, including familiarity with relevant software e.g. TRANSYT, LINSIG, ARCADY, PICADY, VISSIM, SATURN etc;
* Experience in preparing and writing transport assessment and travel plan reports with an attention to detail;
* Experience in developing and preparing strategic highways schemes and associated business case development;
* Understanding and experience of working in the Planning Regulatory framework, application of current highway design guidance and application of the relevant planning circulars and development control policies;
* A track record of having worked on a variety of transportation planning projects;
* A highly motivated individual and ideally a member of a relevant professional body;
* The ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of staff and clients (both written and orally);
* Capability to work to deadlines and work autonomously when required; and
* Understanding and experience of the operation of management systems for quality, financial and project control.Senior Transport Planner
If you are a Senior Transport Planner, have the experience requ