Job title - Ref
Engineering/Production Buyer - 3516
Duration - working week
24 months - 8/40 hr week
Day rate/Co type
£18 ph Ltd (paye option)
We are looking for an Engineering/Production Buyer with experience of the Nuclear sector procurement (EC&I/Mechanical), Agresso & ideally B462.27 Ops/Harwell. Details below.
The B462.27 Operations team operate three radioactive waste stores, waste retrieval equipment, a head end cell process facility, a waste encapsulation plant and the Harwell vault store. The operations comprise the handling, recovery and process of remote handled Intermediate level waste.
The business now has a requirement for a demander reporting to the production manager to take responsibility for the procurement of materials and equipment to support production and projects. The job exists to maximise production at 462.27 within safety, environmental and financial constraints.
462.27 operations operate on a 24hr shift system and is a Harwell programme critical project. This post is normal day hours but there may be occasions where there will be a requirement to work extended hours to meet tight deadlines or when new systems are introduced.
* Create, process, expedite and place purchase orders with suppliers in-line with demand using Agresso, A2B and other business systems in accordance with company procedure.
* Determine order demands from Production Schedules, Project, Engineering, and Maintenance Programmes. Manage critical spares and obsolescence requirements.
* Maintain and update purchase order progress spreadsheets & programmes with accurate delivery dates, committed and actual spend.
* Manage goods inwards, third party and receipt inspections. Report status of Open Purchase orders, Non-conforming material returns, reconciliation of receipts and confirmation of invoices in accordance with company procedure.
* Ensure that suppliers are in receipt of current purchase orders and specifications and all subsequent revisions. Manage manufacturing issues, production permits and concessions.
* Review open order delivery dates daily to ensure they are aligned with production and project requirements.
* Actively contribute to the functional cost savings targets and identification of potential cost savings eg OEE & 5S.
* Support the Production Manager in forecasting procurement needs.
* Regularly review and monitor supplier performance.
* Source the correct materials at the best price for delivery, when required, by utilising innovative solutions and good negotiating skills.
* Build strong working relationships and communications with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
Essential Aptitudes and Experience
* Experience within a fast paced procurement environment.
* Experience with Electrical, Control & Instrumentation & mechanical Engineering procurement would be preferred.
* CIPS qualification or studying towards preferred but not essential.
* Excellent communication & negotiation skills
* Excellent IT skills including MS Office
* Good working knowledge of Agresso preferred but not essential
* Enthusiastic and able to work effectively as part of a team
* Able to multi-task and manage own time effectively.
* Able to work under pressure and to set deadlines.
* Demonstrate a flexible attitude towards all types of work.
If you are aa Engineering/Production Buyer with the experience above please apply &