Senior Structural Engineer - Buildings - 48718 - East Grinstead - £35-40k + Car/ Car Allowance
The vacancy is for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our structural engineering team based within the civil engineering business in our East Grinstead office. We are seeking candidates with/who are Chartered Engineers or are about to become a Chartered Engineer and have experience in the design and construction of building structures, particularly within a rail environment. The successful candidate will lead or support project design teams in the building structures discipline.
* Degree in civil engineering.
* Significant post graduate experience of the design of building structures, particularly in the rail sector.
* Detailed experience in the design of both reinforced concrete & steel framed buildings.
* Experience in the application of structural analysis software such as Tekla.
* Knowledge of relevant Eurocodes and British Standard requirements.
* Experience of operating within quality management procedures.
* Full UK driving licence.
* Chartered Engineer through the Institution of Civil Engineers or the Institution of Structural Engineers.
* Experience of working with contractors on design and build projects.
* Supervising and overseeing the work of engineers and graduates.
* Taking technical ownership of activities that will include the preparation of design solutions for buildings structures at preliminary, tender, and detailed design stages.
* Leading teams of graduates, engineers and technicians in preparing design solutions for building structures at preliminary, tender, and detailed design stages.
* Programme, financial and technical responsibility for design services.
* Good team player within a multi-disciplinary environment who enthusiastically takes ownership of tasks, taking them through to successful completion.
* Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure when necessary.
* Excellent communicator, both orally and in writing.
* Ability to convey information accurately with attention to detail.
* Keen to learn and develop new and existing skills.
* Keen to progress career and take increased responsibilities.
* Willingness to support graduate structural engineers in developing their own technical skills.
* Ability to deal with clients in a friendly, efficient and effective way.
An excellent opportunity to join an established structural engineering team, and to take a prominent role within the team to work on major infrastructure projects.
If you have the experience required above & are looking for a role with a future please call/mail me asap. Thank you. Ali/No8
Please don't apply if you don't have the experience!