Job title - Ref
Project Manager - 3346
Duration - working week
48 months - 8/40 hr week
Day rate/Co type
£350-481 a day
We are looking for a Project Manager with experience of Oldbury/Magnox.
Purpose of Role
To manage, deliver and control projects to time, cost and quality:
* Projects classified as B or C (as per PRO-008 Validation & Sanction), typically below £5M;
* A phase or work packages of any project under the supervision of a Senior Project Manager;
* Projects classified as X or A (as per PRO-008 Validation & Sanction) as a development opportunity under the supervision of a Senior Project Manager.
* To take personal responsibility for the consistent application of company projects practices and for implementing lessons learned from others.
* Overall responsibility for ensuring the safe delivery on a project to time, cost and quality ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory process requirements with responsibility for leading the project to a successful conclusion.
* Prepare and present at Validation and Sanction panels.
* Resource and manage a multi-disciplinary project team ensuring the availability to specialist resources (safety, environmental, design etc.).
* Produce the Project Execution Plan, calling on specialist resources in both the preparation stages and throughout the life of the plan.
* Manage risk in accordance with the Risk and Opportunity Management process.
* Forecast contingency required and to draw down as appropriate.
* Consider options for value engineering as well as the potential for changes to the scope/schedule/forecast costings.
* Lead CDM activities for the project in accordance with the Project Health, Safety and Environment Management process.
* Approve all project documents to be issued outside of the Company.
* Manage interfaces with other projects as appropriate.
* Manage significant stakeholder issues or interfaces (internal or external), multiple external suppliers, and significant contract management issues.
* Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality on Site.
* As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
* Undertake core competence roles as required.
* As an effective Manager/Team Leader, the post holder will be responsible for People Management, Performance Management, Control and Supervision, Loss Control, Communications, Resource Management and Management of Systems and Processes.
* The post holder may be required to be a member of, and participate in, the Site Emergency Scheme subject to any fitness standards required.
* Support colleague's learning and development through knowledge sharing, task instruction etc.
* Design, delivery and evaluation of training, acting as coach and mentor.
* Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company's Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
The post holder will be required to complete trainin