Job title - Ref
Quality Assurance Engineer - 3301
Duration - working week
12 months - 8/40 hr week
Day rate/Co type
£310-329 a day
We are looking for a qualified Quality Assurance Engineer with experience of Magnox & ideally Hunterston A. Detail below.
Purpose of Role
Develop, manage and maintain the arrangements for compliance with quality assurance, statutory and Company requirements and arrangements for compliance with nuclear site licence conditions.
* Provide authoritative advice on Quality Assurance for projects and infrastructure.
* Monitor the effectiveness of the Quality Management System by preparing a programme of internal QA audits, and ensuring the implementation of these audits to the agreed programme.
* Develop and maintain documentation/procedures in Quality Assurance to support ISO9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001 and Site Licence arrangements.
* Coordinate the production and maintenance of the key management control procedures on site.
* Monitoring the status of corrective actions resulting from internal and external audits, preparing performance indicators and reporting to management.
* Act in the capacity of Lead Auditor.
* Maintain required regulatory approvals as appropriate.
* Maintain required external certification.
* Develop and manage the Site Improvement Plan for Quality Assurance.
* Review and audit of site performance in Support Site and Project implementation of Quality Assurance arrangements.
* Prepare management reviews of the quality management system.
* Carry out project management activities as required.
* Ensure personal and professional development and training of Quality staff to deliver an effective and suitably qualified and experienced Function.
* Monitor performance and take action or provide advice as necessary to maintain Quality standards and improve performance.
* Identify good practice in performance at sites and externally, and promote and deploy across the Functions/Sites.
* Provide expert-level advice, support and guidance on Quality issues throughout the Site.
* Act for the Site EHSS&Q Professional Lead as directed.
* The post holder may be required to be a member of, and participate in, the Site Emergency Scheme subject to any fitness standards required.
* Maintain arrangements for regulatory liaison, and required documentation/schedules to track significant regulatory actions and agreements on behalf of the EHSS&Q Function/Site.
* Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality on Site.
* As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
* Undertake baseline roles as required.
* Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
* Assist with managing the relevant aspects of the Detail Volume, SPI/CPI, and commercial and financial aspects as required for delivery of the lifetime plan.
Where this role requires supervisory responsibility the following key duties will apply;
* Effective team leadership through; People Management, Performance Management, Control and Supervision, Communications, Resource Management and Management of Systems and Pro