Job title - Ref
Maintenance Engineer - Senior - 3291
Duration - working week
24 months - 4 day week
Day rate/Co type
£288.75 - 319.38 a day
We are looking for a Maintenance Engineer with experience of the detail below .
Purpose of Role
To provide engineering expertise in the investigation and rectification of plant and equipment defects.
* Appraisal of emergent plant or equipment deficiencies in order to allow rectification.
* Assist the Engineering Section Head to ensure that site plant is maintained and is suitably safe, efficient and reliable.
* Liaise with System Engineers to ensure that plant performance and details of component defects are considered as part of the overall system or asset management/investment strategy.
* Carry out Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and prepare Method Statements/Work Instructions for all defect maintenance.
* Provide technical support for maintenance activities where required.
* Writing/managing modifications/safety cases under the plant modification procedure. Act as NRE as required.
* Provide technical support to current and future project design and implementation.
* Provide authoritative advice for internal departments to support advice to external stakeholders.
* The post holder may be required to undertake delegated responsibility for the Design Authority and act as a site intelligent customer.
* The post holder may be required to undertake emergency scheme duties.
* Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality on Site.
* As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
The post holder will be required to complete training as defined in Common Training Profiles, supplemented by Site Specific Training Profiles when required.
Essential (E) / Desirable (D)
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
* Appropriate HNC, Degree or National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level 5 E.
* Membership of a relevant Engineering Institute D
* Working towards Chartered Status D
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
* Experience in a practising disciplined Engineering role (Mechanical, Electrical, C & I or Civil) on industrial plant E
* Nuclear and/or conventional plant operation, engineering or maintenance experience E
* Understanding of relevant Company and national engineering standards D
* Working knowledge of the Safety Rules and of risk assessment methodology D
* Working knowledge of relevant Site Licence and Quality Management System requirements D
* Contract Management experience D
If you match the essential experience & ideally the desirable, please apply & I will get back to you asap. Thank you. James/No8
Please see the other Magnox/Nuclear sector roles on our website.
Please don't apply if you don't meet the experience required!