Job title - Ref
Waste Team Leader - 3320
Hinkley Point A/Magnox
1 year+/8/40 hr week
Day rate/Co type
£218-240 a day
We are looking for a Waste Team Leader with experience of the detail below .
Purpose of Role
To assist in the provision of an effective waste management and decontamination service, on the site by providing first line management, direction and support to the Waste and Decommissioning Technicians and Assistants, ensuring quality of work is maintained and business objectives achieved whilst taking full account of Site Licence requirements and Company Directives.
* As an effective Manager/ Team Leader, the post holder will be responsible for People Management, Performance Management, Control and Supervision, Loss Control, Communications, Resource Management and Management of Systems and Processes.
* Assign tasks to the team members ensuring they are Suitably Qualified and Experienced (SQEP) to carry out such tasks.
* Provide adequate control and supervision when setting people to work.
* Responsible for team/ individual development plans and ensuring training is carried out.
* Ensure all team members receive the support necessary to both understand and contribute to achieving the objectives of the Department Lifetime Plan.
* Maintain good working level contacts with site project teams, advising on requirements for scheduling and resourcing of site Waste team activities.
* Regularly undertake team briefings to ensure staff are well informed regarding both technical and administrative matters concerning the execution of their responsibilities.
* Ensure that all team members comply with the appropriate safety documentation, Management Control Procedures, Local Safety Instructions and requirements for general safety.
* Identify necessary equipment, facilities and consumables to enable the team to execute their responsibilities.
* Undertake the role of Radiation Protection Supervisor to keep exposure of team members to ionising radiations as low as reasonably practical.
* Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
* Design, delivery and evaluation of training, acting as coach and mentor.
* Support colleague's learning and development through knowledge sharing, task instruction etc.
* As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
* Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality.
* Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company's Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
* The post holder may be required to fulfil a role in the Site Emergency Scheme.
The post holder will be required to complete training as defined in Common Training Profiles, supplemented by Site Specific Training Profiles when required.
Essential (E) / Desirable (D)
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
* Appropriate technical qualficiations eg City & Guilds, BTEC,