Job title - Ref
Waste/Site Operative - 3322
Hinkley Point A/Magnox
1 year+/8/40 hr week
Day rate/Co type
£145-157 a day
We are looking for a Waste/Site Operative with experience of the detail below .
Purpose of Role
Undertake assigned tasks within the Operations Department having full regard to Site Licence requirements, Statutory Regulations and Company and Location Directives, Procedures and Safety Rules.
* Carries out core operational duties within his/her own level of demonstrated competence.
* Being a Suitably Qualified and Experienced Person (SQEP) on various plant items as required by the Site Licence.
* Carries out operational tasks within scope and competence and to assist with fault investigations.
* Carries out all Ionising Radiation Regulations (IRR) and Radioactive Substances Act (RSA) surveys to approved and established procedures. (Post-defuelling sites must be Health Physics (HP) Monitor Level 5).
* Provides technical support to current and future project design and implementation.
* The post holder may be required to carry out identified roles as necessary, for example site security support.
* The post holder will be required to fulfil a role in the Site Emergency Scheme.
* The post holder may be required to be a classified worker as specified in the IRRs.
* * As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
* Comply with the Health, Safety, Security, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality on Site.
* Assist in the training and development of team members.
* Uphold Company values at all times by putting safety and environmental protection first; building trust by acting with integrity and respect for others; and ensuring that we promote and support innovation and efficiency to achieve successful delivery of the mission.
The post holder will be required to complete training as defined in Common Training Profiles, supplemented by Site Specific Training Profiles when required.
Essential (E) / Desirable (D)
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
Appropriate technical qualification e.g. City and Guilds, BTEC, NVQ (NQF Level 2) or relevant experience E
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
* Experience of working in an industrial environment E
* Appreciation of RSA and IRR requirements D
* Plant Operations in areas assigned D
* Experience of working in the Nuclear Industry D
If you are looking to work at Hinkley Point this is an excellent opportunity to get in at ground level. If you match the essential experience & ideally the desirable, please apply & I will get back to you asap. Thank you. James/No8
Please don't apply if you don't meet the experience required!