Safety & Environment Engineer-3300
Dungeness with occasional travel to Sizewell & Bradwell/Magnox
12 months/5 day 40 hour week
Hourly rate/Co type
We are looking for a Safety & Environment Engineer to work across all programs covering a large set of risks including demolition/radioactive waste with experience of the detail below , Magnox & ideally Dungeness, Sizewell & Bradwell.
Purpose of Role
To implement, monitor and review the arrangements for the management of conventional safety or environmental management to ensure compliance with statutory and Company requirements.
* Develop and maintain documentation/procedures in relevant aspects of conventional safety or environmental management.
* Undertake activities required to support conventional safety or environmental compliance, e.g. Industrial Safety, Operational Feedback, or Chemistry etc. as relevant.
* Monitor compliance with Site standards within own technical area of expertise.
* Liaise with other departments to facilitate the planning of work programmes.
* Co-ordinate the implementation, delivery and evaluation of work programmes.
* Assist with developing and maintain the arrangements for compliance with statutory and Company requirements.
* Deputise for the line manager as appropriate.
* Ensure the production and maintenance of any required permits, consents and other regulatory approvals as required where the role relates to environmental management.
* Manage arrangements to maintain OHSAS 18001 certification as relevant.
* Responsible for implementing aspects of the Site Improvement Plan for conventional safety or environmental management as required.
* Provide advice and guidance on the Site arrangements for relevant aspects of safety or environmental management.
* Review and audit of site performance in relevant aspects of safety or environmental management.
* Support the Site and Project implementation of conventional safety or environmental arrangements as required.
* Carry out team supervision and project management activities as required.
* Monitor performance and provide advice as necessary to maintain conventional safety or environmental standards and improve performance.
* Implement identified good practice and promote and deploy across Site.
* Provision of advice, support and guidance on conventional safety and environmental issues throughout the Site.
* The post holder may be required to be a member of, and participate in, the Site Emergency Scheme subject to any fitness standards required.
* Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality on Site.
* As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
* Undertake baseline roles as required.
* Contribute to the effective development of, and deliver, training within own area of specialism.
Where the post-holders duties relate to the delivery of Operating Experience, the following key responsibilities will apply;
* Implement the Site's Operational Feedback System to meet statutory and company requirements.
* Provide advice and guidance on the investigation of events.
* Provide advice to the