Technical Supervisor - Highways/49327
£32-36000 & benefits
We are looking for a Technical Supervisor with Highways experience. Details below.
Re (Regional Enterprise) Limited is a joint venture between Capita plc and London Borough of Barnet to improve and deliver the full range of property, development and regulatory service for the authority.
Working within the Major Works/Implementation Team for Re Highways, provides a fast paced and challenging workload. This team delivers the £50m Network Recovery Programme (NRP), which works to improve the condition of the Barnet highways infrastructure. The team are responsible for identifying, scheduling and overseeing all planned maintenance of the borough highways in relation to the carriageway and footway network, drainage systems, bridge structures and road markings.
The team works closely with high level stakeholders in order to ensure all involved parties interests are met in line with Council policy. The post holder will supervise a portfolio of projects within the NRP programme and be responsible for overseeing these projects from inception to completion handover, to ensure the projects are completed to programme and budget.
This role will be based in Barnet. Travelling may be required to other Capita offices on occasions.
Role and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities of the role are:
* To supervise projects and to assist in obtaining the necessary technical, administrative and financial approvals in the preparation, supervision and administration of the highways contracts.
* To prepare estimates and lead on the supervision and administration of contracts and to ensure compliance with contract specifications, financial regulations, standing orders and the relevant
* To ensure that the contractors are delivering quality services in compliance with specifications,
through maintaining adequate site inspection records to address non-compliance issues and resulting
* To liaise with, where appropriate, other agencies and bodies and internal departments, to ensure the site works are coordinated and projects are delivered to programme.
* To assist with, or carry out condition surveys and site surveys as directed and to assist with, or carry out the preparation of reports in findings.
* To liaise and deal courteously and in line with policy with all enquiries from elected Members, members of the public, and stakeholders, including the preparation of letters, technical reports and other documents as required.
* To maintain technical and resource records, and undertake research and technical investigations as directed
* To be aware of the best value aspects of providing professional/technical service and to assist in the achievement of these.
* Attend internal and external meetings, and represent the service at public and other meetings as directed.
* To take ownership of personal training and development needs, and keep up to date with latest industry developments.
* Carry out duties with due regard to the Res Customer Care, Equal Opportunities, Information Governance, Data Protection and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
* Undertake any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this post.
Financial and Asset Responsibilities
* To assist in the preparation of estimates