Waste Engineer - 3285 - Dungeness/Magnox - £262.50 Ltd.
24 months approx - 5 day/40 hour week
We are looking for a Waste Engineer with experience of Magnox & Dungeness A. Detail below.
Purpose of Role
To provide a quality and responsive waste management service for the decommissioning projects and site infrastructure in order to secure compliant disposal of waste volumes and assist the execution of key waste targets delivered from the projects.
* Provision of technical support within the Waste Management organisation.
* To provide technical support to projects and relay the clear expectations of waste management.
* Provide technical support to current and future project design and implementation.
* Provide authoritative advice for internal and external stakeholders.
* Carry out timely investigation of events as required and identify improvements.
* Commit to continuous improvement of waste programmes/strategies.
* Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
* Design, delivery and evaluation of training, acting as coach and mentor.
* Support colleague's learning and development through knowledge sharing, task instruction etc.
* As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
* Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality.
* Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company's Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
* The post holder may be required to fulfil a role in the Site Emergency Scheme.
In addition, a Waste Engineer at a site has the following responsibilities:
* Collate technical waste performance information for analysis against waste management performance objectives and schedule for the Life Time Plan.
* Assist in preparation of safety cases under the plant modification procedure.
* Assist in specification of work instruction, documentation and processes.
Training - The post holder will be required to complete training as defined in Common Training Profiles, supplemented by Site Specific Training Profiles when required.
Authorisations - The post holder may be required to achieve various authorisations in order to carry out the full scope of the role. The requirements for specific authorisations are specified in Common Authorisation Instructions.
Essential (E) / Desirable (D)
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
* HNC/HND or equivalent technical qualification (NQF Level 5) in a scientific, environmental or engineering discipline. E
* Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor Certificate D
* International Movement of Dangerous Goods Certificate D
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
* Knowledge of environmental issues including practices, policies, legislation and stakeholders relating to radioactive and non-radioactive waste management E
* Relevant experience in nuclear industry in areas of waste management E
* Experience in developing waste inventories together with records management D