Consultant Engineer/ITS - 47985 - East Grinstead - £30-40k
We are looking for a Consultant Engineer with experience of the Intelligent Transport System to work in East Grinstead - details below.
About the role
Capita Technology are currently recruiting for an ITS Consultant/Engineer to support Associate Directors, Associates, Principal Consultants and other senior staff operating predominately in the Intelligent Transport Systems (Highways and Rail) sector.
Reporting to the Principal Consultant/Associate ITSL, the role encompasses a broad range of activities from, but not limited to:
Data Capture, Verification and Analysis Services;
Highways Traffic Management Systems including telephony, signals, message signs and CCTV etc.;
Rail Retail Telecoms including telephony, PAVA, PHP, CIS, CCTV etc.; and Initiatives on new Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) for the future covering detection, management and enforcement.
The post provides an opportunity to join a successful team which is key to supporting Capitas Technology Team vision of becoming an international leader in the field of Technology consultancy.
About Capita | Local Government, Health & Property
Capita Real Estate and Infrastructure is part of Capita plc, a FTSE 100 member and the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 75,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We are one of the UK's largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies in the design, management, infrastructure, real estate, civil engineering, environmental, management and transport sectors. We are also the market leader in strategic public-private partnerships with local government clients.
We have over 4,000 staff based in 60 UK and Ireland offices offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of size, complexity or sector.
What you will do:
* The role will be to provide management and technical assistance to Project Managers and a variety of teams in the delivery of a range of multidisciplinary projects that involve Enforcement, Electrical, Telecommunications, Structural and Civil Engineering.
* In addition to developing skills in a specialist field, the successful candidate will be encouraged to take on responsibility and learn new skills in what is a growing industry sector; blurring the line between systems and service, technology and infrastructure.
* Act as Project Assistant and prepare project plans, programmes, meeting minutes, technical reports and financial monitoring applications;
* Assist with the Data Quality management aspects of out-sourced Asset management Systems;
* Production of Monthly Project Progress reports, performance management data and preparation for client meeting packs;
* Assist with site surveys, detailed designs and the preparation of technical specifications for Highways England Traffic Management Systems and / or other ITS Systems such as CCTV, Traffic Measurement, ANPR, UTMC etc.;
* Assist with site surveys, detailed designs and the preparation of technical specifications for Network Rail, RfL and TfL Station Upgrade and Improvement Systems such as SISS, CCTV, PAVA, PHP, CIS etc.;
* Manage sub-contractors and the associated certification of works;
* Implement Corporate quality management